Day Fifteen - Poldark

Christmas in Cornwall was either one way or another. For the beginning of this story we look towards the rich. The Poldarks of Trenwith celebrated Christmas with a party. They invited most of the well connected families. Annabeth Warleggan entered on the arm of her twin brother George. Annabeth scowled not wanting to be there.

"Please change your face sister. It's Christmas after all." he smiled towards her.

"Brother, you're sink your claws into everyone attending. So you and Uncle Cary can eventually drain everyone dry. Do I look like I was born yesterday?" She retorted making her brother toll his eyes "You remember our deal?"

"No match making." he repeated back to her.

"Yes because I know where the skeletons are buried if you force me into a marriage." She snipped. They made their way further into the party. The two mingled their way around . Then Annabeth notice her brother gaze longingly at Elizabeth Chynoweth. The desire of nearly all the men attending this Christmas evening. she strolled on over to her brother.

"Wanting everything Ross wants as usual." she whispered into his ear smirking.

"Must you, Annabeth?" George sighed

"To you always." she chimed back

-A few years later-

Ross polder who was given the choice to join the army or face jail, took the first option. After a couple of years his family back home was told that he had been killed in action and was presumed dead. He then had returned to to Cornwall to find everything he knew had changed. His first love was marrying his cousin, His father was no longer of this world and the boy he used to tease in school was now one of the top bankers in Cornwall. Rosswas strolling along the beach trying to clear his head. He stopped for a moment seeing a figure in the distance. Blonde hair waving wildly in the distance. Ross began walking again and as he got closer the figure became clearer as did the voices.

"Mary, be careful." the woman called

"Annabeth Warleggan?" Ross asked and Annabeth glanced back.

"Ross Poldark. I was told you came back from the dead." she smirked and turned back "Jacob be mindful of your sister! She's only little!" Annabeth shouted

"Yes Mama" the boy called back but Ross didn't here the reply.

"The last time I saw you, you were yelling at your brother." Ross commented making her laugh.

"A common occurrence I assure you. George can even annoy those he shared a womb with." Ross chuckled

"You're a Governess now?"

"A mother" she corrected and he looked at her confused "The Christmas party you spoke of, your uncle invited a widowed and wounded solider. Mathew Williams, he charmed me and we married a few months later. My stepson, Jacob and my daughter Mary." she pointed to them

"So your brother let you marry a widowed solider?"

"He had no choice in the matter." she laughed "Would you like to know a secret?" She leant in whispering.

"Sounds interesting."

"It is. I know my own brothers weakness." she giggled "And because I'm that amazing he simply just couldn't refuse." Ross laughed

"Well I can't wait to meet the man that made you best your brother" Annabeths smile surned into a sorrowful look.

"Sadly that will no be possible." she told him "He passed away a few months ago." she explained

"My condolences" she gave him a grateful glance.

"Jacob! Mary! Time to go home." She called . Jacob helped his little sister return to their mother. Annabeth turned to Ross "It was nice seeing you again, Ross. Welcome home." she gave a soft smile.