Day Seventeen - The Bodyguard.

"And here is Juliet with her favourite brother and sister." Mia cooed holding her video camera to Juliet, Ella and Charlie. Ella was holding her little sister as they sat by the Christmas tree.

"We're her only brother and sister, Mia." Ella giggled as her little sister gurgled

"Hence why your her favourites." Mia smiled as Charlie held his sisters hand and waved it.

"Dinner's ready." David called just as Juliet started to cry. Mia stopped recording and put the camera away. "Oh someone sounds hungry." he commented as Ella gave her sister over to her Mum.

"I've got this." Mia took Juliet to the nursery while David sorted out Ella and Charlie. They were half way through eating when mia rejoined them with Juliet wrapped up against her sound asleep.

"Dad can we face time you on Christmas afternoon as well." Charlie asked

"Of course why wouldn't you?" Brother and sister looked at one another.

"Because they think you'll be too busy with Juliet." Mia guessed by their looks. David looked at her then his children.

"no, no of course not. Guys you know i still love you. Nothing and no one will change that. I know it's been... strange and overwhelming for you but it will get better."

"Yeah, we've already spoken with your Mum. Figuring everything out so you always know what's going on." Mia added. Ella and Charlie nodded while Mia and David shared a a apprehensive glance "Ella, cHARLIE." Mia caught their attention.

"I know this past year and a bit has been scary for you. And there's been a lot of changes. Moving to a different place. Your Dad and I. Juliet. But I know that you are amazing kids and while it's scary now, when your older, this will be a random story that you will remember." Mia tried to assure them.

________________________

The next day was Christmas Day. Mia handed Juliet to David as she went to get something to eat. Ella and Charlie opened their presents with glee.

"Thanks Dad. Thanks Mia" they chime as Mia comes to sit back with them, she made even more happier by the fact that she sees David with a happy expression and seemed content within himself.

"It's not me you should be thanking. It's Santa." David said wrapping a arm around Mia and then kissing her head.

"Look sissy." Charlie shuffled over to show his baby sister the new toys and she grabbed at them.

"oh it looks like she wants to play with you." David shifted Juliet to sit between his legs. charlie put the toys in front of her as Ella was still examining what she had got.

_____________________

Later on David dropped the kids off with Vicky for the rest of the day. Then he returned to a sleeping Mia and Juliet. He smiled a little then dropped a blanket over Mia and took Juliet back into her nursery. He laid her down and watched over her.

"Your brother and sister have gone back home." he told her "They're still getting used to everything but hopefully they'll be okay by the the time you realise what's going on. He sat himself down in the rocking chair "I'm trying, I'm really trying to get better. I promised ya Mum that. I'm talking to someone. I'm taking medication. But the nightmares, the memories. Sometimes it feels like I'm drowning I try to hid it and keep it away from you and your brother and sister. But..." he stared at his sleeping little girl, then shook his head and wiped his face.

"I am gonna keep going. I won't lose it again, I promise."