Chapter Twenty One - Maganum PI

Juliet ran into the guest house just Thomas was coming out of the shower, she looked around frantically. He looked at her confused because to him she never showed panic.

"You look a little rattled. Have I missed something?" he asked and Juliett turned her gaze towards him.

"Yes, fine." she took a breath "You know Robin has a daughter right?"

"Clara, of course. Why?"

"I just got a phone call from Robin. The two had a argument and she took off in the middle of the night, instead of spending Christmas in the alps she slipped her security detail and took a plane here. Her code was used at the front gate, five minutes ago."

"Okay."

"I can't find her."

"Have you tried the beech?" Magnum offered

"So you presume that because she's a teenage girl who is cooped up at a boarding school she'll drop her things and go to the beech?" Juliet folded her arms

"Yeah."

"she's not I tried there first." Magnum laughed and shook his head going to get dressed. When he came out Juliet was gone so he headed up to the main house. And low and behold was a brunette teen with her feet on the coffee table watching TV and eating a bowl of pasta

.

"Clara, there you are." She looked up

"Tommy!" she squealed putting the bowl down and getting up running over to him and tackingling him into a hug.

"You know Juliet's looking for you." Magnum returned the hug and then she pulled away

"Well here I am. Keeping myself out of trouble. I made some pasta if you want some, plane food is not a girls best friend." she sat herself back down as Juliet came in.

"There you are. Have you been here this whole time?" Juliet breathed

"No, I was in the kitchen cooking and then i came here. Merry Christmas Jules." she chimed with a sweet smile

"Your fathers has been calling non stop."

"I'm not talking to him. He's making a big deal out of nothing. You think by his reaction what I did was a henious sin or something." Clara rolled her eyes "Everyone inclusding him is blowing what happened out of proportion."

"What exactly did you do?" Magnum wondered

"I hacked into the school database to get the d.o.b on the new hot teacher. Man sent from heaven and he was cagey his age. I mean is a icebreaker question and he refused to answer. he's 24 by the way and he and the school are acting like I went on there to change my grades. I'm a straight A student." she puffed "Dad gets called and then he blows up on me. I rather not spend Christmas getting yelled at." She finished eating the last few bits

"I'm gonna wash up and take a nap." Clara left taking the bowl with her and she cleaned up what she had used before heading to her room and crashing.

"I feel for the kid." Magnum sighed

"She hacked the school database." Juliet retorted and Magnum sighed

"Getting a date of birth. She talented not stupid. He brain works diffrently that most, I've seen it. There is no way that she was doing anything else other than what she says she was doing." he defended her "Look in the half an hour she's been here most girls her age would be sticking their nose up at us while they go tan themselves at the beech. Clara came in made food and watched TV. Now she's in her room not causing any trouble. I'll call Robin tell him that she's here and fine and that I will personally keep an eye on her." he took his phone out and walked away.

-------------

Magnum and Juliet got a case a actual pay up front in advance one. Thomas was going to leave but Juliet stopped up.

"Where do you think you're going?" Juliet asked him

"Erm to work the case."

"Oh no, you are on babysitting duty for the 16 year old that you promised to personally keep an eye on." she smirked at him "And before you ask yes I am serious." she turned on her heel and left. Magnum went to find Clara to see that she was outside doing yoga.

"Let me guess. You made a comment that got you trapped here. Did you tell Dad that you would look after me?" She calmly and gracefully moved from one pose to another.

"Something like that." Thomas replied and he moved around to talk to her face to face "When I spoke to your Dad he mentioned that it was more than just hacking the school database. That you hit the teacher but he and the school don't know why?"

"So you expect me to spill my deepest darkest secrets when I wouldn't even tell my own father."

"Or I could just figure it out but then you'd get all sassy with me for digging into your business, so lets save everyone another argument and you just tell me." Clara stopped what she was doing

"Fine I punched a teacher because he was being an asshole. He was bullying the new girl, calling her dumb, slow, stupid taking the piss out of her. The hacking thing was months ago the school decides now to bring the thing up. I was looking into the Myra because she was finding it difficult to articulate how she was different. When she was born the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck depriving her of oxygen for 5 minutes. The Doctors got her through it though but there is a part of her brain that's not working as it should. Hence why she has difficulties." Magnum shifted as he continued to listen

"I have been defending her for months, reporting to the teachers and they've done nothing. A week ago I snapped. I marched right up to him and socked him in the jaw. Lets just say he won't be able to verbally make Myra upset for a while." She carried on with her yoga.

"So why not tell your Dad."

"I tried to he wouldn't stop yelling at me to explain my side of things. So I packed my stuff and came here. He won't follow because he's to busy being a writer to be a actual father. I did however tell Myra's parents who were actually grateful that their daughter had a friend willing to risk expulsion to make sure she was okay. They're also going to be pressing charges against the school."

"Well why don't you try calling him and explaining now that he's cooled down."

"No chance, I'm not in the wrong and taking the high road bites me in the ass so petty spoiled brat is the only option."

"Well for what it's worth I think what you did was kind and you're a good friend." Clara nodded to him and he left her alone. He then told what had happened to Robin who felt guilty at going off at his daughter.

------------

It was Christmas morning. When Clara came out of her room all foggy eyed and half asleep. Kumu, Juliet and Thomas were waiting for her.

"Merry Christmas." They cheered and her eyes widened, the whole house was decorated and there was a large Christmas tree in the corner with presents underneath

"What's all this."

"Well its well done from us and a sorry from your father. Under the assurance that he's not trying to buy you back. But he was going to give it to you anyway." Thomas answered "There is also a turkey roasting TC and rick are also coming over later."

"I don't know what to say...Thank you." Kumu guided her over and the the four of them sat down opening presents and having a good time