Day Fifteen - Reign

King Henri had everyone gathered in the throne room. They were expecting a royal guest show was to arrive shortly. The trumpets sounded and everyone turned their attention to the entrance of the throne room. Eventually in glided a most exqusist woman with olive skin, raven black hair and present in ornaments and gold clothing. The court bowed to her and her entourage.

"Princess Aya. Welcome to France." Henri greeted

"Majesty." she bowed her head "My people and I thank you for being such a gracious host to our presence." Princess Aya replied

"The pleasure is our. Please come and enjoy our festivities." Henri inducted her in and made all the introductions. To Catherine, Mary and Francis in particular. Mary and Francis watched the king fawn over the Persian Princess.

"What does your father hope to gain from this potential alliance?" Mary questioned

"Trade deals, an outside ally. Your guess is as good as mine." Francis replied

"Okay well what could she want?"

"A husband." Catherine interrupted "Francis your father is asking for you."

"He's not seriously trying to marry me off to the princess." Francis huffed "What about the alliance with Scotland?"

"I don't know what your father is up to. All I know is that the Princess is here for a husband and is willing to pay a high price for one. Now you must reluctantly go to your father." Francis sighs and leaves the two women, to attend upon his father.

"Ah, Francis. The Princess Aya was telling me about her Eurpean tutor." Henri slapped his shoulder.

"He taught me some of your customs and dances." Aya added and Francis knew why he was called over.

"Would you care to dance, your highness?" Francis offered his hand. Aya smiled

"It would be a pleasure" Aya took his hand and was escorted out onto the dance floor. The two danced with each other, while Henri, Mary and Catherine watched on.

"Princess." the two were interrupted by one of Aya's handmaidens. The girl whispered in her mistress' ear when the music and the dance came to an end.

"Thank you, Talia." Aya nodded and Talia stepped back.

"Is everything all right?" Francis wondered

"Yes, quite. My advisors are wanting to speak with me. Excuse me." Francis nodded and Aya left him there. He watched her speak to a group of several men , shaking her head and scowling. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"What happened?" his father questioned

"I don't know. She was called away." Francis answered, As they watched her.

"Well she doesn't seem happy and if she's not happy. She won't be forthcoming. For some reason, her father has sent her instead of himself. If I am to trade with Prussia then it seems I must entertain the Princess. Which means you must entertain her." One of Aya's handmaidens spoke to her again. She turned around and nodded and then they left the company of her advisors "What is she doing?"

"Aya moved through the crowd and they watched her start a conversation with Bash. . He seemed awkward in the encounter, and quickly excused himself away.

________________

King henri and Princess Aya talked the next day in private. Aya looked around the kings study, assessing everything and taking note. Henri talked but Aya was not paying that much attention.

"Princess. Princess Aya." Aya turned to the King.

"I want a marriage between myself and your oldest son." she stated