Day six - Outlander

Mary has always had a crush on Jamie Frazer. She loved how kind he was, how helpful he was. How when he smiled it gave her shivers. Or the fact that when he started to speak she went into a daze. But to him she was just a girl, someone to have a passing fancy with but not serious enough to marry.

This hurt Mary because in her eyes no one else in Scotland could match up to the redheaded Scot. It didn't help that he went out on a trip to collect givings to the laird and came back married, to the English stray they picked up the last time. Even though she wasn't happy she didn't falsely accuse her loves wife of being a witch like another had done.

Mary became a lost soul, and to her family lost cause. Eventually they sent her to live with family in France. There she was able to shed the formal scottish ways and find herself and freedom in the French way of life. not just at lavish parties and talking with other own and her family. this gave her a certain charisma which in time and by chance caught the eye of the King.

"What is your name?" King Louis wondered

"mary Elizabeth Hamilton, your majesty." Mary answered giving a low curtsy to the King. He hummed and then glanced at one of his advisors and waled away. From that night ensued a relationship and she quickly became the favourite and official mistress of the king of France.

_______________________

King Louis was hosting a party the who's who of French Nobles and friends of such attended. Including three familiar faces from Scotland.

"Oh you simply have to meet Mademoiselle Hamilton. She is the kings new mistress and from Scotland too." Louise commented of handedly during talking with a group of other women. Meanwhile jamie and murtagh were in the kings stool chamber with other nobles watching as the King trying to relieve himself, but struggled. James suggested to try porridge.

"The King has already been made aware of such methods." was the reply.

"Enough of this! bring her to me, bring me my rosebud. Mademoiselle Hamilton ." The King ordered

"Your majesty." the advisor tried to protest. "Your stool chamber is no place for...."

"Bring her now!" the king ordered and one of the men scuttled off to bing the woman the King ordered for. the others whispered amongst her selves.

"out of my way all of ya!" A thick Scottish accents made Jame and murtagh's eyebrows raise. The men parted and a Long read head breezed pass them. "Mon amour" the Scotts saw the red head turn around

"Give his space, all of you." mary ordered in French, and the men backed off "Oh my sweet come, come." she guised him to a corner of the room and gave him something to which made him fart and have some relief.

"Merci Mon Rosebud." she smiled kindly at him and stroked his cheek. She then let her gaze drift towards the audience in the room and her eyes fell on Jamie.

__________

Once the king felt better and smartened himself up. King Louis rejoined the party with his mistress by his side.

"Mon Amour. it would seem that some of my Scottish kingsman are here. Will you permit me to introduce them to you?" Mary wondered

"Why of course, Mon Amour." Louis agreed and Mary looked around the room and found Jamie and Murtagh. She guided their way to him and all they passed gave their respective bow or curtsy to the King. To which Jamie noticed their arrival. On closer inspection Mary realised that Claire was their also.

"Jamie Fraser as I live and breath." she chuckled

"Mary is that really you?"

"Aye." she answered and glanced back to the king. "Majesty, allow me to introduce my Kingsman. Monsieur James Fraser and his wife Madame Claire Fraser. And this is is their and mine cousin Murtagh Fitzgibbons Fraser.." they bowed and curtsied

"Monsieur and Madame Fraser. My darling Rosebud, speaks so highly of you and your land often. It is as if I know you and it well. She paints such a vivid picture." Jamie gave an awkward smile.

"I am sure she exaggerates." Jamie replied

"never." Mary chuckles "Murtagh did save me from a trip into the abyss of the well at castle Leoch."

"only because you thought the spirits lurked there." murtagh countered making Mary chuckle.

"Claire you simply must come for a visit soon, shouldn't she Louis?" mary glanced back to her lover.

"If it pleases you, it pleases me Mon Amour." she was then guided away to converse with other guests.

__________________

Jamie and Mary met once more at the horse show the King was hosting.

"Mary." Jamie voiced as she petted one fo the horse that was on show. He bowed his head to her.

"Hello Jamie." she smiled "How are you? We barely got to speak to each other properly the last time we met."

"i am well." he answered and then stared at her. It was as if he was seeing a different person before him.

"What?" she wondered

"Nothing it's just the last time I saw ye. You were just a girl, a wee bairn. But you are much changed now."

"Yes. I am a woman now." she answered

"And a mistress to the King of France."

"And a close confidant." she added "I flourish here more than t i ever would in Scotland. Much to the shame and dismay of my parents. Who complain monthly that they sent me here to marry. Not to be a mistress to a king."

"They disapprove."

"Oh adamantly. But i no longer care for what they or anyone think of me anymore."

"Clearly." Jamie sounded judgmental and that turned the mood causing mary to scoff.

"What? I should be ashamed to be a mistrees to a king? Should I go back to being the doe eyed girl with a crush on you? You dismissed me then and you dismiss me now. only difference is that now i have a backbone and traded up. Why settle for the outlaw lord Broch Turach when A king is much better and doesn't demean my feelings. Fuck you." she stormed off.

"Mary! Mary I'm sorry." she ignored him as she found Louis and curtsied

"mon Amour." Louis offered his hand and she took it and his side. He kissed her sweetly before retiring to the conversation with Claire, Randall and eventually Jamie.