Day Thirteen - Robin Hood

It was the first Christmas since Robin had returned from the Holy Land. He was with the others at their camp, when Much came running to them. He was out of breath trying to get his words out.

"What is it Much?" Robin questioned

"Rider heading North. Very fancy rider." Much breathed out.

"Come on lads!" Robin called and they follow much, who took them ahead where the lone rider would be passing. A few minutes later they did but came to a sudden stop when they saw who was in the road.

"Don't be alarmed this is..." the horse jerked back ridding itself of its rider. They let out a small scream and then a grunt. The men surrounded the rider who tried to scramble away "Relax, we mean you no harm." the rider pulled out a blade.

"Get back. I said get back." she yelled at them and pulled back her hood. Robin lowered his arms.

"Princess." he breathed and took the bended knee.

"Princess Sarah." Much did the same but looked up to the others "Kneel, idiots. She's the Kings daughter." Much snipped at them, then all took the knee.

"Your Highness, my name is Robin of Locksley." Robin introduced himself.

"Locksley?" Sarah repeated in a questioning tone "My father mentioned a Locksley. Stand up. Stand up." Robin did so

"if you are who you say who you are, lift your shirt up, show me your side.." she demanded

"Your highness we've only just met." Robin joked

"I am scared, tired, on the run and holding a blade. Don't test me. Now lift up your shit." Robin did so revealing his scar.

"Father told me you saved him from a Saracen attack, got that scar for your trouble." she traced over it for a moment then sharply pulled away. Robin lowered his shirt. "So since your Robin that must make you Much. please stand all of you stand." She tucked away her blade as they did.

"Your Highness aren't you supposed to be in London? What are you doing here?" Robin asked and she pulled a face.

________________

"Escaping." she answered "My uncle has become...more brazen in his ideologies. His temperament is worrying and well being the only person in the way between him and the throne I grew fearful." Sarah explained while sitting in the outlaws camp.

"I tried to leave a couple of months ago. Unsuccessfully , and he blocked ports within immediate distance of London. He's controlling but not very bright. It wasn't that hard to bide my time so I could escape again only going North as far as I can get."

"And where do you plan to go?" Robin inquired

"France. There I can safely send a message to my father."

"And then what?" Robin wondered "Is that all you have?"

"Yes that is all I have. Three steps get out of the castle, get out of England and get a message to my father. That is what I will do, and all I can think of doing. And I was doing just fine until you interrupted." she stood up and went to leave.

"Your Highness, wait." Robin stopped her "I apologise, but surely you know England is changing."

"Of course I know that. But I am no use to England if i am dead. I am one woman with a plan and that plan is survival. Survival at all costs." she snipped back at him.

"The at least take the day to rest for a moment, focus and think. Give your horse a chance to recover." Sarah looked apprehensive but agreed.

____________________