Day Five - The Tudors

Anne Boleyn wanted to give Henry a son. She tried but was unfortunately only able to give him two daughters, Elizabeth the eldest and then there was Eleanor, born a year after. Then within the next 18 months the two lost their mother, and had to grow up without her and be casted out by their father. Well, those two could leave you growing up with some trust issues.

After their father re-married Jane and then Anne and then Catherine. When their father married and beheaded their cousin Elizabeth swore that she would never marry. Eleanor began to fell that her only escape was marriage. To her nothing could be worse than being a Tudor. Edward became King and because of their each, young ages. England became more dangerous than ever. Eleanor became a fearful 13 year old and very little place to turn to.

"Sister, are you over thinking again?" Elizabeth chuckled entering the library and seeing Eleanor staring out of the window.

"In a world where we are unfortunate to be Tudor females. Ones best solace is to think. It's a lot less dangerous than speaking." Elizabeth sat down next to her.

"How can my precious little sister have so many worries?" Elizabeth tucked a stray piece of hair away from Eleanor's face.

"You have met our family right?" The two laughed for a moment and Eleanor went back to gazing out of the window and her look turned solemn.

"What is it?" Elizabeth questioned

"I'm scared." Eleanor admitted "There are vipers everywhere and i don't know who of our family i can trust."

"Well you can trust me and Catherine. Not to mention our brother and Sir Thomas."

"You trust Sir Thomas. I do not." Eleanor denied.

"Why not?"

"He is married to our step mother, yet I see the way he looks at you." Eleanor replied

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"That he has the same look father had when his gaze fell on someone who was not his wife. It is a dangerous look especially because he is married and you're the sister of a King."

"I have no idea what you speak of."

"Be careful sister. I may look the other way but others won't. In a game of chess you must always be ahead of your opponent or you will lose." Eleanor rose to her feet and left the room.

_____________________

Elizabeth did not or could not heed her advice. Soon the two daughters of Anne Boleyn were sent away from Chelsea house. Eleanor felt an even harsher chokehold and sought to escape. She wanted help from her brother. But even though he was King, he did not rule as his uncle so harshly pointed out. The stark reminder of his age was a hinderance. She could hardly turn to Mary, she was on thin ice and besides she had never really been all to helpful in the past. She could go to Elizabeth but what could she really do to help when she could barely help herself. Eleanor was in the library again looking at maps of the world and of England. Thoughts were turning over and over in her head.

"Why are you looking at maps?" Elizabeth questioned joining her.

"Looking for an escape. A way not to be a Tudor anymore. The only way I can do that is through marriage."

"Eleanor, you are too young to be thinking about marriage."

"Royals are never too young to think about marriage. We are eligible from the moment we are born." she sighed

"Eleanor." the two sisters looked to one another.

___________________

Mary had come to visit her sister. The three of them talked and passed warning both spoken and unspoken. Eleanor debated everything in her head.