Day Three -Ninth Doctor

So this is a Segway into a upcoming story that I am currently writing. It won't be up for a while but I saw an opportunity.

It was Christmas Day. Kate sat playing Guess who with Clyde and Carla was in the kitchen preparing for Christmas dinner. There was a knock on the door and Carla looked confused for a moment before going to open the door. There in black slacks, a navy blue jumper and black leather jacket stood John Smith also known as the Doctor.

"Mr Smith. I wasn't expecting you today." she glanced back at Kate and Clyde

"I know we agreed that we alternate Christmas' with her but a friend I know owes me a favour and opened up a ice rink I know for a couple of hours. I was hoping to surprise her with it. If you don't mind of course." The Doctor was respectful to the adoptive mother of his daughter.

"A couple of hours? I suppose that would be okay? Just make sure it's a couple of hours mind you, she still needs to eat and spend time with her brother."

"Of course." The Doctor agreed, well he would have her back with only a couple of hours gone, but who knows with where they would be going.

"Kate! You're Dad's here!" Carla called . Kate gasped and jumped up running to the front door

"Daddy!" he lifted her up, despite being a couple years shy teenager she was still his little girl and she didn't mind that one bit.

"A couple of hours." Carla warned

"Bye Clyde! Bye Mum!" Kate waved as she was carried away once the door was shut and they were out of sight Kate looked to her Dad.

"Where are we going this time?" she clapped excitedly, he pretended to think about it for a moment.

"How about ice skating on the moon in the 45th century?" he wondered "I have ice skates all ready."

"Yay!" The Doctor let her down so he could open the door and then they stepped inside. The two ran up to the console and shared a grin with one another before the doctor set off. It took five minutes before they landed in the correct time and place. the doctor grabbed the two pairs of skates and took Kate's hand. The two stepped out onto the moon where the humans had managed to humanity the moon, with a oxygen seal and a gravity pull.

"This is so cool!" Kate squealed and ran over to the seats so she cut put her skates down. The Doctor smiled at her happiness and went over to join her. The two talked about what she had gotten for Christmas and where he had been on his travels. The the two were let onto the rink. Kat held onto her fathers hand because he was the wobbly one.

"You, you go ahead." The Doctor told her.

"Are you sure?" Kate wondered cautiously

"Yeah, show them what you got." she nodded apprehensively and skated ahead doing twirls and jumps. She held her leg out and then brought herself into a head slipping twirl. She spent a good half hour doing tricks and showing off to her father who managed to get his footing. The the two skated around together talking for more than a couple of hours. 

The time came to return Kate home, a couple hours after her original departure. Kate knocked on her front door with her Dad behind her. Carla opened the door to her daughter smiling brightly and wrapped up in a new hat and scarf.

"Have fun, sweetheart?" Carla asked

"It was amazing! Dad cot me a new winter set. Do you like it?" She showed it off to her Mum.

"I looks amazing."

"And we got something for Clyde on our way back. Thank you Daddy." she gave the Doctor a big hug "Bye Daddy." she ran inside to her brother

"Thanks again." The Doctor gave a awkward nod

"It's all worth it for that smile, don't you think?" Carla questioned

"Defniatly. Bye then." he gave a wave and left on another adventure.