Day Ten - Merlin

Camelot was preparing for the winter season. Other was opening up the castle to other royals and noble from the surrounding Kingdoms for a Christmas masquerade ball. Catherine the castles seamstress and tailor was making costumes for Camelot's people. There was a knock at her door.

"Enter." she called and the door opened revealing Merlin. "How can I help you Merlin?" she muttered stitching a dress.

"His royal patness requests that you come fit him for his costume." Merlin jokes making Catherine scoff.

"I finished his hand the Kings before the rush. It's on the side in a box marked with a smaller crown." she replied "As usual. Underestimated." Merlin moved over and scanned the numerous boxes, till he found Arthurs.

"Thank you Catherine." Merlin left her too it and returned to Arthur.

"Ah there you are Merlin, wheres the seamstress?" Arthur questioned

"There was no need for her to come, Catherine was already ahead of us." he placed down the box. Arthur took one look at it and scowled.

"That's impossible, she hasn't even seen me." Merlin opened the box "Or even know what I want." Arthur looked won to the contents and saw the cream coloured suit under a golden mask.

"Huh." he lifted the mask up and set it to one side after briefly looking at it. Then he pulled out the ready made costume. "Not horrible. Where is this...Catherine?"

____________

Catherine had barely moved from her room. She was working none stop to get all of Camelot's costumes done in time.. Arthur arriving at her open door cleared his throat.

"The Kings costume is the box with the crown on it." She called not looking back.

"I'm not here for that." Arthur replied trying to get a glimpse of the girl. All he saw was a figure going back and forth between projects.

"Well, then tell your master or your mistress that orders closed last week. Tough nuts they won't have one of my costumes." Arthur was surprised bu the girls attitude. "Are you still here? Can't you see I'm..." Catherine came forward

"Your highness." she gasped dipping into a curtsy "Please forgive me."She became a little flustered.

"Given your forward thinking, you're forgiven," he smiled towards her.

"Humm. Not wanting to be rude, but why are you here your highness?" Catherine inquired

"You're not going to assume something is wrong with my costume?"

"Nothing is wrong with your costume, they're flawless." She scoffed rolling her eyes "I'm no amateur."

"Clearly, so tell me... Catherine how is it you knew what I wanted before I did?" he questioned

"Seriously? That's what you came all the way down here for? To question my knowledge." Catherine was baffled , Arthur folded his arms "I just do. I've been raised in this castle with you and his majesty from afar. You learn a lot from the shadows that you're not almost just too predictable." She went back to working and Arthur followed her around.

"In what way am I predictable?"

"In almost every way. It's beginning to get a little boring." she huffed going back to stitching.

"So you knew I was coming then?"

"I said almost. Now I have other costumes to make, please stop wasting my time."

"You're very rude for talking to a Prince."

"No. What I am is exhausted for making beautiful costumes people are only going to wear once." She grumbled "I'm busy!" Arthur backed off and left her alone. On his way back to his chambers he bumped into Gwen.