Day One - Mon-El and the Redhead

A lot of good stories start with once upon a time. When your little hearing those words entices you in to a world of fairy tales. Those fairy tales leave you in wonder and for the briefest of moments, protects you from the outside world. Real life is not a fairy tale and happily ever after's rarely happen.

On a cold Christmas Eve in the 31st Century, a ship fell to earth hurtling hundreds of miles a hour until a crash landed on a beach. Almost like the story of Moses, the ship was found by the daughter of a powerful man. A young and spoilt Daddy's girl with a eye for fashion and a knack for getting into lots of trouble. Now Alina Ventura's favourite saying was finders keeper. Even if she didn't 'find' whatever 'it' was. This was no exception, she had found the ship and despite any normal person being afraid, this was the 31st Century and other world encounters were now the normal.

Upon opening the ship, she found a infant girl, sleeping soundly completely oblivious to her surroundings. Alina wanted to keep the baby so she lifted her up and took her home. Now despite hardly to never being told no. Her Dad said it in the beginning. That was until he caved and used nearly all his connections to make his daughter a mother. Alina quickly regretted for a while that babies didn't come cheep, nor easy. They needed things, like a actual mature or willing to be mature person looking after them. Alina's father refused and ignored his daughters plead for help. So she eventually figured it out on her own. Alina named the little girl Astra.

20 years later on another Christmas Eve night another ship came to earth from the past with long tired traveller. Mon-El of Daxam suffering a allergic reaction to the lead in the air from when he left and when he came. Instead of crashing he was brought down safely by a swirling mist of red light. Landing in New York City and on a unassuming rooftop. All Mon-el saw was a blur red headed figure before he blacked out.

When he did wake up, it was the should of clicking. Groaning he held his head and turned it to the side. When his vision cleared he saw a figure working at a desk with several monitors. The clicking stopped and the figure turned around

"You've been asleep 12 hours. Merry Christmas." the voice was monotonous and deadpan before there was a rumble of the rolling chair and they came over to reveal a young redheaded woman.

"What's going on? Where am I? Who are you?" Mon-el questioned

"You're in my loft in New York City. I spotted you on my one of a kind radar, not many people would have and you would have abruptly woke them all from their Santa sleep. Ridiculous notion, to believe in a deity of some sort but humans will be humans. You were having a allergic reaction to the Lead lined air, which narrows your origin down to a slim 50 species. I brought you down safely and healed you." Mon-el sat up watching her as she threw clothes at him. "Put these on, I've given you some money and a card of a place that can help your further."

"What year is it." the red head turned around

"So it's true?" she breathed "You came through a anomaly...one from the past judging by your question. How interesting? I've only studied the concept, this further on and sometimes the simplest of things have yet to be harnessed." she looked at the wall

"Dressed now." she ordered and Mon-el put the new clothing on "There is a map with directions in your pocket good bye traveller." she pushed him out of the door and slammed it shut before he could speak.

"I don't even know who you are!" he shouted though the door "More or less where i am apart from a city." he grumbled but there was no answer or reply. Sighing he took the map, he'd learnt the basics on how to navigate himself on what he at least knew to be earth. Making his way out he followed the map lit by the brightly lit advanced city that directed him out into Brooklyn and to a town house. With only the word of a red head he really had nothing to lose by this point. He knocked on the door and waited. A few minutes later and dark haired woman answered