Day Seven - The Tudors

Henry sat with Elizabeth by his side. There was yet another feast but this one was to celebrate his oldest daughters birthday. Not Mary but a older one. Princess Grace was know as the exception to the rule. When she was born there were complications. For a long time it wasn't known if she was to survive. Moments of improvement were dashed with with a rapid decline, then a rekindled faith. This went on for the first few years of her life.

Despite what went on with her mother Catherine of Aragon, then with Anne Boleyn. Henry kept Grace close. Plagued with nightmares that her illness would return, he visited her everyday, made sure her every need was taken care of. Much to others dismay sometimes Henry never faltered in his love for his eldest daughter. The Music stopped as Henry stood.

"Today is a special day. It marks 21 years since my darling daughter Princess Grace was born." he beamed proudly "My darling daughter truly has been the constant in my life and as always it is a pleasure to celebrate her in anyway I can. To Princess Grace." he raised his goblet

"The Princess Grace." people cheered and she curtsied to her father. Then she made her way over to him holding her hands out for him to take. Mary watched with a little envy.

"I must admit my dear friend. It sometimes hurts to see my sister always in favour. My fathers love for her never falters." she voiced

"Your sister, while a princess has always led a unsure life. Even before you came to this world, word spread about her and subsequently his protectiveness." Chapus replied as they watched Henry take Graces hands and kiss them.

_____________________________________

The next day Grace was called to eat dinner with her father . The two dined in a happy quiet, until Grace broke it.

"Papa, I was hoping to address something with you." Grace looked unsure as she started the conversation.

"What is it my darling?" Henry wiped his mouth.

"I am 21 now and yet still not married" Henry froze slightly "Papa, I know the complications surrounding my life especially in my early years. But I am a woman grown. With dreams of a family."

"Grace the world out there is too dangerous for your delicate nature."

"Then what about a English husband? Now that you have Edward, the burden of the crown is no longer on me. The expectation to marry for the country lessens with my siblings. It would give you the peace of mind and me a chance to be a wife and mother. You a grandfather." Grace tried to reason.

Henry has weakeness, women was his most famous one. However it was Grace. Not that she every willingly used her sway with her father, much to many's dismay.It was the worst kept secret that he would do anything if Grace asked. She didn't nor would she ever normally pressure her father for something.

"Leave it with me and I will take a view." he relented

"Thank you, Papa." she beamed.

________________________________

Henry thought for weeks about his daughters request. Charles was announced to Henry returning from Suffolk. His divorce from his second wife now finalised and the dust settled. He bowed before Henry.

"Welcome back to court, Charles." Henry greeted, then began pacing.

"Something troubles his majesty?" Charles questioned

"Yes, Yes. It's the Princess Grace." Henry voiced

"Has she been taken ill?" Charles wondered

"No." Henry gestured to sit, they both did "She's voiced her wishes to be married. Said that she had dreams to be a mother."