Day Eight - Revenge

Warning contains implications of various forms of assault. If you or anyone you know is has been affected to what this story eludes to in parts please seek professional help and know that you are not alone and loved.

Anne Howard, was Charlotte Graysons best friend since infants.Though Anne was a couple of months older and more sensible, and generally more sensible. Though that didn't stop her getting into trouble. Don't get her wrong she didn't want to get into trouble, she just happened to find herself in it because of Charlotte.

Anne arrive late to the engagement party of Daniel Grayson and his fiancee Emily Thorne. Her car skidded to a stop, she threw her keys to the valet just as someone is heading inside..

"No wait!" she called running up and barged in losing her footing on the steps, facing to the ground. "Ah, shit." Anne cried out.

"Oh my god. Are you okay?" Daniel asks jumping down the steps down to her.

"Henry, I mean Daniel." She corrected herself. Daniel gave her a look of bemusement, before helping her up. "I'm fine, thank you, though." She brushed herself off and tried to hold the wince that said her wrist hurt.

"You're hurt." Daniel noticed picking up her wrist only for it to be snatched away.

"I said I'm fine. I must get dressed." she hurried off to Charlottes room Once getting herself ready and changing into her dress there was just one thing left. She struggled with the zipper at the back.

"Ugh, come on. Not today. Not today." she groaned trying to capture the zip.

"Here let me help." Anne gasped looking via the mirror at Daniel. "May I?" Anne weighed the pros and cons then nodded. Daniel came in and zipped up the dress and then stepped back

"You should really get wrist looked at." Daniel moved around to gently hold it up now noticing that was starting to bruise badly.

"I will, once I have apologised to my parents profusely, praised as the jewel of their eye and then said the formal congratulations to the happy couple. I've taken painkillers that should get me through. Speaking of...your fiancee will be waiting for you." She left the room and joined the party.

From that party. The Graysons went into a downward spiral. Things didn't get any better for the friends...\

"Boarding School? In England?" Charlotte question hurt.

"For the last year only. Mom and Dad say that your a bad influence and that going to live at the school is supposed to straighten me back out. That the time apart will be better." Anne explained what she had been told.

"Bad influence?" Charlotte inquires and and looks away sheepishly "When do you leave?" Charlotte toyed with the cast on Anne's arm.

"Tonight." Charlotte's eyes well up. "I'm sorry." Anne gives a sad smile and the two hug tightly.

"I will e-mail as much as possible and be supporting you from afar I promise."

_____________________

Anne returned to the Hamptons after finishing her last year at boarding school. Charlotte ran up to her after she entered the manor squealing and tackling her into a hug.

"Oh my god I can't believe you're back."

"I missed you too" Anne smiled "I'm sorry I didn't return sooner. I had the biggest blow out with my parents and i decided to extend my stay"

"No, I totally understand. My parents are hardly the golden nugget of truth no matter the wedding farce." Anne hummed

"Anne, darling. How wonderful to see you back." Victoria joined the conversation with Daniel and Ashley in tow