Day Nine - Elementary

Diana packed her school bag for the last day before Christmas. Once that was done she jogged down a few flights of stairs to reach the kitchen. Sherlock was working on a experiment while Joan was having her own breakfast.

"Morning Joan. Morning Dad." Diana greeted happily as she dropped her back to one side, going to grab a bowl of cereal.

"Good Morning Diana." Joan smiled towards the sixteen year old. Diana turned her gaze towards her Dad who remained quiet. Sighing she stalked over to him and lifted his phone and wallet before pinching his waist.

"Argh." he flex and jumped back "Was that absolutely necessary, Diana?" he huffed

"Yes it was." she giggled messing with his phone putting various alarms and reminders on it for him.

"You're getting better with that." H commenced towards his phone and wallet that were now in her possession.

"Out of all the things you be praising her for pick pocketing is not one of them." Joan remarked as Diana took a tweet out of her fathers wallet. She then handed them back. Sticking the twenty in her pocket she went to her original task of making her breakfast.

"Dad, don't forget the winter showcase is at four today. And that I'm in it."

"Yes, you've only told me everyday for a month."

"Yet you still get caught up in a case and say you forget. Dad you don't forget you just get sidetracked and miss it. One of your promises was that you'd do better." Sherlock sighed fully facing his daughter.

"I will be there." his and Joan's phones went off.

"Yeah, you'll be there." she muttered eating her cherries."

"We have a case" Sherlock stated.

"You always do." Diana rolled her eyes. Sherlock and Joan grabbed their things and left. Once Diana was finished she made her way to school.

____________________

While her father and Joan were working their latest case. Diana went to her classes and final practices for the afternoon's main event. Meanwhile Shelock's phone kept going off every hour since he left home.

"Ugh, not again" Sherlock grumbled

"What is it?" Joan wondered

"Diana, she's tampered with my phone, so that every hour I'm reminded about her school event." he explained cancelling another alarm.

"Now that is something to be proud of. Don't worry we'll get you to that performance." Joan assured him.

___________

School finished for the day but most didn't go home. Most went to the auditorium to set up and get ready for the show. Diana glance down at her phone as she was getting ready. Nerves began to kick in as she hoped her father wouldn't let her down. With one deep breath she left her phone alone and continued to prepare herself.

"Meanwhile Marcus and Gregson gathered their things and went to the conference room where Sherlock and Joan were working on the case.

"Right come on. You have somewhere you need to be." Gregson stated

"Not now Captain, we're almost there." Sherlock rebuffed

"Well tough because your daughter is expecting you to show up. So shut your brain down on this and let's get moving." Marcus removed the file as Joan got ready. Sherlock sighed.

"You did promise." Joan remind

"Only because our friends at everyone, have taken a shine to my daughter. They would make things complicated. Sherlock slipped into his coat.

"Well if you don't want to piss off your well connected daughter, I suggest you stop complaining and put a proud Dad look on your face." Joan guided him out and was followed by the others.

____________________________________

Sherlock, Joan, Gregson and Marcus made their way into Diana's school and when they arrived they went to grab their seats. Sherlock went on his phone researching the case when it was taken away from him.

"Now then Sherlock, is that anyway to treat my granddaughter. I will keep this for the duration." Morland took the phone away.

"Father, what brings you to darken this doorway?" Sherlock questions in a deadpan tone.

"My Granddaughter requested my presence, of course I clear my schedule for her debut." Morland sat himself down next to his son.

"Hello Morland." Joan greeted

"Season greeting to you Joan. The lights dimmed and the show began. There were various Christmas acts before the MC took to the stage ponce more.

"Ladies and Gentleman. Boys and girls, we come to our final act. Performing 'Underneath the tree' please welcome Diana Holmes." people clapped as the music began, the curtains parted and Diana was swaying to the music.

As Diana sang, the lights came up and she encouraged the audience to get up and clap along. The song came to and there was a round of applause. The encore started, all the acts came out to join and give their bows, Diana included.

"The performance ended. Diana shuffled through the crowd to find her family. She saw her Dad.

"Dad! You made it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she tackled him into a hug.

"Well, I did promise." he awkwardly returned the hug to his daughter. "Well done." he congratulated her as she pulled away and kissed his cheek.

"Really Dad you don't know how much this means to me that you made it. Even if they did have to drag you, thank you boys." she thanked Marcus and Gregson.

"No problem at all you were great up there." Marcus smiled which she returned to all of them before noticing the other guest.

"Grandpa!" she squealed seeing him "You're here. I thought you were in Peru." the two embraced

"Diana, my dear. You should know by now that one of my top priorities is you. No matter where in the world I am. And I must say you were exquisite and I'm very proud of you." Diana's eyes glossed over.

"I love you Grandpa." she kissed his cheek then basked in the praise of those who came to see and support her.