Day Twenty Two - Supernatural

-1995-

It was Christmas time and most people were gearing up for the big day. Buying presents, meeting with friends or family, work dinners. But some drank alone disliking the holidays.. Dean Winchester didn't know what to make of the holidays this year. He was away from his father and brother. He was away from everything that was normal to him.

"Hey Winchester." Dean was brought out of his thoughts by one of the other residents, Taylor.

"What?" Dean grumbled

"It's the christmas party tonight and I need some help acquiring the fun stuff for after." Taylor smirked "Wanna lend a hand?" Dean sighed

"Sure why not." Dean agreed and that night before the Christmas party at the home the two worked together to steal a bottle from the local shop. Then they joined the party like everyone else. The kids at the home ate and had a good time together. Then they feigned tiredness and the party began to wind down. That's when the older kids started to share the stole bottle of whiskey around. They all laughed and joked together.

"Ah. I need some fresh air." Taylor breathed and then went to climb out of the window and then down the side of the house. She settled down and stared up at the sky, silent and unbothered. That was until she felt someone lay next to her. Her head lolled to the side and she saw Dean.

"So what's your story." Dean wondered "In all the time I've been here, everyone's told me their story, but you...nothing."

"Because I would rather think about the future, than dwell on the past. There's no point, you can't change it." she shrugged turning to look back up at the sky.

"That bad, huh." Dean assumed

"No." she denied "If you must know my parents didn't want me. In fact no one wanted me so here I am. And for a long time I let that rule me. They don't get to win, not ever." She told him and then sat herself up. "You said your Dad left you to the system that found you. That was a dick move. If he can leave you to the mercy of others once, he can do it over and over again. Go back if he comes, if you want but never let him win, never let him make you weak. He doesn't get to do that to you." she ordered with such conviction. The she laid back down. he stared at her for a long while, her words having a impact on him.

"What future do you think about?" Dean wondered

"Life after here." she smiled "I'm going to get a job, nothing fancy. Maybe a teacher or something that gives me a community. A couple of children. one of each preferably but as long as they are healthy and loved. Love healthy and safe. They will have a better childhood than I did." Dean felt a strong connection to the fellow teen he lifted himself up and leant over her.. The two stared at one another before she leant up and kissed him which he returned.

____________________

Taylor and Dean were very close. But John eventually came back during the night of the school dance. Dean made the hard decision to return to his family. What he didn't know was that night Taylor had some pretty big news to share with him. news that he wouldn't find out till just over two decades later.

Dean and Sam were called back to the town that Dean had successfully avoided all this time. With this return came all the memories, memories of her. Eventually curiosity got the better of him and he asked about her, getting a address in return.

Dean sported from Sam after the case was done and drove to a small diner on the other side of town. He went inside and looked around hoping to catch a glimpse of her but no such luck. All he saw was locals sitting at tables and in both talking and eating without a care in the world. The he sat himself down at the counter and waited. A young girl came from the kitchen holding plates.

"I'll be right with you sir." she smiled to him as she went past. "Here you go Doug, Homemade Burger with Salted fries. And for you Martha a baked Potato with cheese and beans.

"Thanks, Love." the couple smiled at the girl and she came back around the counter to serve Dean. He looked at her name tag to find out she was actually called Love.

"So your actually called Love." Dean commented

"Yeah. Me Ma always says Love is perfect you are perfect. Why would I chose anything else." she chuckled "What can I get ya.?"

"Burger with fries and a coffee." she noted it down and put the order in.

"You're new. Passing through or staying a while?" Love wondered pouring him a coffee

"Just some business. Now I'm looking for a old friend. I was told I could find her here. Taylor Duvale." the woman scowled

"What do you want with my Mom?" Love asked

"Wait, she's your Mom?" Love nodded "Is she here?"

"She's out right now. She should be back soon." she replied "Excuse me. Jess cover me for five minutes." she left and a few minutes after the doorbell rang signalling someone entering.

"Hey, Taylor. How are you this fine afternoon." Dean turned slowly.

"I'm good, Doug. Hey Martha."

"Hey Taylor."

"Taylor." Dean spoke and Taylors eyes fell on him as her expression turned to one of shock.

"You're back" she breathed "You're really back."

__________________

The two sat at the back of the diner. Dean with his food untouched , Taylor nursing a coffee. She was still in a state of school that he was actually here.

"You look good." Dean commented making Taylor roll her eyes and scoff

"I look old as much as that line of yours." she rebuffed making him smile for a moment.

"I'm sorry I left without telling you." she shrugged

"I was used to it. No big deal, I had doubts you would stick around." she brushed him off.

"Don't. Don't do that. I know I hurt you and I'm trying to apologise for it." he sighed "I know you."

"You knew the 16 year old me. It's been over 20 years. I've changed." she retorted

"Yeah you had a kid."

"I had three but whatever."

"I met Love." Dean looked back at the young woman who was keeping a eye on them. "She looks like you."

"Flattery will get you everywhere." they laughed and the bell went again

"Where is he?" a young man asked "Mum?" he said seeing Taylor.

"Oh no." she got up "In the back now. Both of you." she hurried Love and the newcomer into the back of the diner. Dean followed out fo curiosity.

"It's him isn't it? When Love called I thought she was going mad. But it is him." the man stated in a voice of shock

"What have I told you two about interfering? I told you if it ever happed I would deal with it first." Taylor scolded the two.

"But I was right though wasn't I Mom." Love voiced "He came back"

"Is everything alright?" Dean asked and all three turned to him.

"Tell him" Love encouraged "Tell him now."

"Tell me what?" Dean wondered

"I can't just blurt it out. That's mean and unfair." Taylor retorted

"What's unfair is him not knowing all this time. Just say it." the man rebuffed like his mother.

"No.\" she denied

"Fine then I will. I'm Dean Jr, this is Love and we're your twin children." Dean Jr blurted out before his mother could stop him.

"Merry Christmas." Love chimed leaving both parents in shock