Day One - Sleepy Hollow

The Ronnettes sleigh ride

A Christmas quiet came to Sleepy Hollow. Ichabod was perusing around main street while waiting for Abbie. The Christmas stalls were out and sellers were promising their winter merchandise.Ichabod glanced from stall to stall when two kids talking caught his attention.

"She's magic, come and see!" the two kids ran off to the end of the row. He came across a woman at a stall flocked by children.

"Please Miss Holly. One more time, please." the children pleaded with the woman.

"Okay, okay, okay. One more time. One." she smiled kindly and ichabod stopped to watch. "Ready?" she asked holding up an empty wreath circle? The children cheered. 'Miss Holly' slowly moved her hand around the wreath and from it came blue spruce, holly, cranberry, douglas fur, mistletoe and and ivy appeared in arrangement. Ichabod scowled a little as the children marvelled.

"Crane." Ichabod turned around hearing Abbie call to him "We gotta go." he went to say something, turning back to the stall and saw that the woman was gone.

"Crane." Abbie called again and ichabod followed on as he was told what latest situation disturbed them.

____________________

"So we need a witch to cast a spell to reverse the curse put on Jenny. Great where the hell do we find one of them?" Abbie questioned rubbing her face.

"Actually Left-tennant. I think I precisely know where."

Ichabod and Abbie entered the flower shop that Ichabod remembered seeing the sign to from earlier. The two glance around at the magnificent displays of flora around them.

"Good afternoon, I'm Holly. How can i help you today?" Holly asked coming out from the back room with a smile on her face.

"Are you the owner?" Abbie wondered

"Yes."

"And a member of the coven of the sacred heart, correct?" Ichabod assumed as Hollys looked turned to one fo confusion.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I watched what you did earlier with the children." Ichabod commented and Holly tilted her head.

"What i did earlier? You mean selling flowers and wreaths?"

"Creating flowers. i noticed that some of your flora and fauna that you sell is out of season. Not able to fully thrive in such conditions. Paired with the fact that you created a seasonal wreath with no assortment or reason. Very impressive."

"Look, I don't know what your..."

"My sister was cursed by an object and now it looks like she might turn into a werewolf. We don't have time, can you help us or not?" Abbie snapped and Holly scowled.

"A lycanthropy curse on a object? Are you sure?" she questioned dropping the pretence. "Show me." Abbie took a cloth bag out of her pocketed handed it over. Holly removed the object revealing a talisman.

"That bitch." Holly muttered.

"You know something." Ichabod summarised

"Yeah." she nodded "Follow me." Holly turned around and walked into the back and then up a set of stairs.

"You've clearly heard of the coven of the sacred heart, you asked me and your late wife was one of them." she commented going into her living room and pulling out books.

"And you apparently know about the coven as well." Abbie retorted

"Yes, now you said or implied that your sister touched this and she was infected with the curse." Holly began flicking through her books.

"Yeah she started to transform but stopped." Holly nodded in understanding.

"Figures Katrina was always one for the fear factor. Manipulative..."

"Is there a reason why you are wishing to verbally abuse my deceased wife?" Ichabod questioned cutting her off again.

"Yes, your dearly departed Katrina and her coven were as bent as they come. Mantipulative and heartless to the core. Your precious wife created these as an incentive to those like us to conform. Washington and his cronies let her. What's worse is that it is tailor made to a bloodline. This was intended for Grace but your sister got it instead."

"Can you reverse the curse or not?" Abbie inquired heatedly.

"You mean can I stick it to the wicked witch of the west. Of course, go get your sister. I will prepare the ritual. Crane I trust that you are aware of most of your wife's secrets, enough to bring me her body. I need it and not just for kicks." She walked out of the room.

(In know in the show Katrina's body evaporates but please just roll with it.)

________________

The descaled Katrina was laid in a salt circle by Ichabod and Abbie brought Jenny in.

"Please lay in the circle, arms flat out." Holly requested putting a bowl in the middle, the the talisman in the bowl. "Step out." Abbie moved out of the circle. Holly then began to chant and then cut Jenny and Katrina's arms. Blood streamed out of Jenny, went through the bowl and then the talisman lifted up before dropping. Everything calmed back down.

"She's fine now." Holly declared picking up the talisman and placing it on Katrina's head.

"what are you doing?" Ichabod questioned

"Burying the curse with it's owner. Binding it with Katrina is a fail safe so if any future descendants go looking they won't get a nasty zap. Your welcome, now bye." with that she stood up, walked out of the room and back downstairs.

____________________

A few days after everything that had happened. Ichabod re-entered the flower shop as Holly was doing an arrangement. She caught sight of him and sighed.

"What do you want now? Just because I helped out one time does not mean I become your resident witch." She huffed out and finished only to go behind the counter.

"You made some accusations the other day."

"Oh you mean when i called your dead wife and her cronies manipulative and corrupt. That wasn't a accusation that was a fact." Holly gave him a pointed look.

"You know more than intended."

"Yeah i do. Irritating isn't it?"

"So are you friend or foe?" Ichabod wondered

"Neither, unless you keep harassing me." she walked to the door and opened it for him "Merry Christmas Ichabod Crane."