Day Twenty Four - Gavin and Stacey

Gavin and Stacey's relationship brought two world together, family and friends , social circles. One or two in particular was Nessa and Smithy. They hated each other yet most of the time they come together because of their friends they usually ended up having sex. Which lead to Neil the baby, well ten years on he was a baby no more. Yet there was another, Neil's five year old sister. Noelle Guinevere Ruth Smith like her brother was a the only time they didn't use protection moment.

It was Christmas and this year it was the Shipmans turn to go over to Barrie and the West's to host. Neil was gluing up the slot machines when Nessa called over to him.

"Oh Neil." there was no answer "oh Neil....oh neil." still no answer

"Oh Neil the baby." Neil turned around holding the super glue "Where's your sister? We'll be hitting the road in a minute."

"She's gluing the grabbers I'll go get her." he answered his mother, leaving her with his Auntie Stace.

"Tidy." Noel was where her brother knew she would except she now had a marker pen and was sat drawing on the side of the grabbers.

"Oh, sissy." Noel looked up to her big brother "Mam, says we're leaving." Noel nodded

"Alright, I'll just finish this." Neil stood behind her and saw that she drew what looked like to be their family with the sun shining.

"You're getting better at that." Neil commented

"I know." Noel held her hand out and Neil took it pulling her up. The three of them went carolling. Noelle was dressed as Mary, Neil was a shepherd and Ness as a victorian gentleman, once they were finished they made their way towards Gwen's just as their Dad arrived.

"Daddy!" "Dad!" Noel and Neil ran over to Smithy, who lifted the little girl up and hugged his soon.

"Hello Sweetheat. Hiya mate, you alright?" he asked his son and daughter.

"Yeah." they answered. Smithy then turned his attention to Nessa and greeted each other while slowly letting down Noelle.

-----

They were all gathered inside Gwens when Noelle ran over to her Dad with something in hand.

"Daddy, Daddy look, i made this for you!" she handed him a disc "Uncle Gavin filmed my nativity! I played Mary" she told him proudly as he pulled her to hit on his knee.

"Proud Mary." Gavin interjected and they started to sing for a moment.

"That's brilliant, and I'm sorry I couldn't get there." he apologised making his daughter shrugged

"Fair play. Mammy liked it didn't you?" Noodle turned to her mother.

"I did truth be told. those lessons with your godfather, Bryn really paid off in the end, I'm not gonna lie."

--Christmas Day--

All of the adults had gone down the Dophin for christmas eve drinks and a good time. The next day, Noelle woke up nearly the whole whose which sent Bryn into a tizzy because he had slept in after drinking the night before. Neil knocked on the door to their Moms room and entered with his sister.

"Mum!" Neil tried "Mum!"

"Can we open our presents?" Noelle chimed holding onto her brothers hand

"Yeah you can." Tessa answered and the siblings high fived "Oh Noelle, Neil the baby." the turned back to their mother.

"Happy Birthday and Happy Christmas." she daily smiled at them.

"Happy Christmas Mum! Happy Christmas Dad." they chirped and left, leaving their Dad to come round and freak out.

"No wait, I wanna get dressed. Auntie Stace bought me a Christmas dress." she ran back and got herself changed. "Mummy!" she knocked at her door again

"Oh, Noelle. I'm getting dressed." her Mum called back, so Noelle went downstairs

"Daddy can zip my dress up, it's tricky!"

"Sure sweetheart. you look very pretty today." he zipped up the black and red tartan dress then turned around with a big smile. A few minutes later Nessa joined them to opening presents.

"Here Ellie, I made this for you." Neil handed his sister an foil wrapped present "Mr Wood helped me make it he did, in DT." Noel opted it and it was a plaque in the shape of a microphone with her name on it.

"Thank you." Noel hugged Neil.

"Now you remember Daddy's friend is coming down today." Smithy reminded them.

"Your girlfriend." Noelle replied then looked at her brother "Neil told me." she shrugged

"Err, yeah. She's excited to meet the two of you."

"So both of you on your best behaviour alright." Nessa warned them and the two agreed.

"Do you two want your present now?" Neil asked his parents who glanced at each other.

"You got a present for us?" Neil grabbed it hand held it out

"Well it is for the both of you." Smithy gestured for Nessa to open it , which she did. It was a woden car plaque with four hooks. "I made it in DT as well. Look four hooks. One for you Dad, one for you Mum, one for Ellie and one for me."

"That is immense."

------------

All the kids were playing outside in one way or another. They had moved from Bryns to Gwens after they realised that they had forgotten all the christmas puddings down at the Dolphin the night before.

"Neil! Noelle! Neil, Noelle!" Smithy called for them and they came inside "Ah there they are. Come here I want to introduce you to someone. Sonia this is Neil and Noelle. Neil, Noelle this is Sonia." Sonia shook their hands

"We met that once on FaceTime didn't we sweetheart?" Sonia asked Neil

"Yeah."

"Oh and Happy Birthday....Noelle. Christmas birthday, that's exciting

"You're a posh one aren't you?" Noelle wondered, most of the family snickered in one way or another "Lacey Emmanuelle's posh, she's got her head shoved..."

"Noelle." Smithy cut off his daughter and Sonia laughed awkwardly

"Aww they look just like their Dad only a slimmer version. But were doing something about that aren't we baby? Have you told them what I got you for Christmas?" Sonia joked which silently didn't go down well.

"Oh, are you calling my Dad fat?!" Noelle shouted

"Oh, no" Stacey muttered to her husband. She knew that her God daughter was like her mother.

"Of course not sweetheart. I was just saying..."

"Cause he's not. Auntie Rudi, says he's got a condition, you mocking his condition? Mom she's mocking Daddy condition." Noel turned to her mother who gestured her to come over. "And I ain't your sweetheart, you're a..."

"Oh, Noelle. Take it easy, alright. Neil, the baby. Why don't you give out our presents." Nessa turned the conversation away from her daughter starting an argument.

"Alright." Neil grabbed a shopping bag and went around handing them out.

"We got everyone the same thing so there'll be no rows or the like." Tessa told them and they all began to unwrap the taps. Then it was Gwens turn and everyone got various pictures which brought back up the fishing trip. Before an explanation could be given the other kids came in asking about singing happy birthday to Noelle. For the rest of the night, Noelle stayed by her Mum and brother scowling at her Dad's new girlfriend.

"Aww, bless her." Bryn cooed seeing that Noelle had fallen asleep. "Little Noelle has fallen asleep."

"Here, Ness, I'll take her she can sleep in Stacey's old room." Gwen offered coming in from the kitchen

"Tidy." Gwen lifted up the five year old and took her upstairs.

And that concludes  Christmas Imagines for 2022 i hope you enjoyed them and maybe see you next year.