Day Four - MacGyver

Maddie called everyone into the war room two days before Christmas with a mission. The Bad guys never had respect for the holidays. But there stood Mac, Desi, Bozer and Riley, waiting for the details fo their latest mission,.

"This is Domanic Demetriov Russian tacts specialist gone rouge. He's wanting to defunct to the U.S and divulge Kremlin secrets. In return for witness protection. Our mission is to bring him back."

"Sounds easy enough." Desi shrugged

"Pump your breaks on this one. It's not before we can retrieve Demitriov and his family, we need to retrieve someone else." Maddie added

"Who?" Riley wondered and Maddie sighed bringing up a picture

"This is Bethany Webber, CIA Deep Cover Specialist and...she's my little sister." That caught everyone off guard

"You have a sister?" Bozer questioned "Not only a sister but she also works for the CIA ?"

"Yes Bozer, serving our country runs in the family, get over it. Look, Bethany worked deep cover a few years ago to one of the Russian diplomats, she had a feeling backed up by chatter of a mole, so she was exfiltrated out of there. We don't know how Demitriov learned of her true identity, but he asked for her specifically. Well more like her handle, she's the only one he'll deal with."

"What's her handle?" Desi questioned

"Classified. Even knowing her name s above your pay grade." Maddie retorted "Bethany is currently imbedded with a cell, your job is to extract her with cover still intact and bring her to Russia for the meet which is in 15 hours. Mac and Riley you'll be going in Desi and Bozer you need to hang back."

"Whoa, why?" Desi asked

"Because I said so, they've got this." Maddie assured

------

They most defiantly did have it. MacGyver and Riley got to Bethany and even spoke the extraction phrase to her, which she understood. But what no one realised is that a few of the locals were pretty keen on the young brunette. Asking if there was a problem and despite reassurances. The men at the bar didn't like the two and a fight ensued. They barely got out of there.

"I said enough!" Bethany yelled making the men stop. She stormed up to Mac and planted one on him then pulled away "He's my husband and she's a childhood friend,you morons. Sit your arses back down before I tell Spider you're idiots."

"Sorry Gina." they apologised

"Let's go." She pulled a stunned Mac out and to the car, where she started driving

"So who the hell are you and why did you almost blow my cover?" She breathed

"He's Mac and I'm Riley, your sister sent us. She needs your help." Bethany looked back at Riley then back to the road

"Well shit must have really hit the fan."

-----

They all arrived on the airfield and board before making the trip to Russia. Bethan got on a call with her older sister.

"So what's so important, you pissed off my bosses and started a fight with the local dreamers, sis?" Bethan folded her arms as Maddie filled her in on what she had missed and what was the current situation.

"I remember Domanic, Tassimov invited him and a bunch of other army friends over from time to time. I wrote in my report that he had the tell signs of cracking at some point, never thought it would be this soon. Nor did I think he sussed me out." Bethany voiced "Actually he always had this look like he wanted to kill me, gave me the shivers." she did the same just thinking about it.

"Do you think he could be trying to play both sides?" Desi questioned her

"I doubt it, he's very narrow minded, if he figured me out then and didn't report back, that means he's been saving this for a rainy day." Bethany went to get changed as she did Mac came to ask something but stopped and turned

"Sorry."

"It's fine, we're even after the kiss i had to plant on you. The only way those guys understand is being blunt."She pulled a turtle neck over herself and then grabbed trousers "So you're my sisters team these days. Wait where's Jack?"

"You know Jack?"

"Of course I know Jack. Here look." Mac turned around now that Bethany had her trousers on, she lifted up her top showing a long scar. "Calcutta, dug cartel. Over here London, down time I got in a fight he got me and Jack got him." she covered up, then went to put socks, boots, jacket and hat on.

"Bethany I've secured your IDs."

"Good, Mac and I will speak with Dominic, the rest of you are the back up." she put in her com then flipped her hair forward.

"Why just the two of you? Three is better than two, besides it's my job to protect him." Desi retorted

"Not for this mission. Here catch." Bethany threw a ring at him "Theres a tracker embedded within if it is a trap they'll find our coms before they search our rings." she held up her hand on her wedding finger sat two rings.

"Sneaky." Bethany fixed a block and three spare mags to her person before they touched down. She and Mac walked to the bench in the middle of the park and sat themselves down.

"So what's with the rings?"

"Aside from pissing off your girlfriend?" she laughed and glanced at him "Nothing much."

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Then she fancies you and you fancy her. Either way her attitude toward the whole mission stinks and is unprofessional. Keeping you safe is one thing, hindering you from doing your job is another. I saw the dirty look she gave me on boarding. It's gonna get you killed."

"Katerina....or should I call you Bethany, these days?" Domanic sat down next to them halting their conversation. Quickly they switched their coms on.

"Dominic. I was surprised to hear from you, let alone your special request." Bethany crossed her legs

"I figured if I'm going to commit treason then might as well do it with someone who I know. If you hadn't been snooping around Taasimov and I hadn't figured you out, this could be a whole lot messier. It's harder to impersonate someone you know. Who's this?"

"The ball and chain." she smirked "My back up. no offence, you understand."

"So how does this work, with you lot?"

"Well to prove your legit, you give us actionable intel, give us a few hours to verify and then if all is golden you're under the protection of my country. Bogus and you're left out in the cold." Dominic agreed and gave them something, Maddie ran it up and it came back kosher.

"So now we pick them up?" Bozer stated

"Now we kill them...figuratively speaking. The only way to do this clean is to lead his bosses on a merry little dance of deception. Snatch them, pretend to kill them and then bring them stateside." Which is what they did. The mission went smoothly and Dominic gave them everything he had, including documentation that he carried on a thumb drive.

Christmas Day rolled around and Bethany turned up with presents, she had talked with Maddie and got them something each.

"Paperclips. How did you know." Mac laughed

"That one is all Jack. Weird but its what I associate you with despite this being our first meeting. " She glanced down at her watch "That is me having to go."

"Don't you get Christmas off?"

"Not when it involves saving the lives of our service men and women. Mac, a pleasure. Nice to see you guys and sis. Next time you need my help, the blonde on his own is totally fine by me." she winked at her.

"Missed you too Bethany." Maddie rolled her eyes

"I know I'm simply brilliant and missable. Love ya." She left the house and onto her next mission.