Day Nineteen - The Sandman

-1536-

Queen Jane gives birth to the long awaited son of King Henry. But she also gives birth to a girl, she was younger and she had a brothers do it was less of a sing than it had been with just solely Mary and Elizabeth. When Edward and Catherine lost their mother mere weeks after their birth both remained the only legitimate children of the King.

As Edward and Catherine are up both were very different. Edward had constant health problems, where as Catherine thrived and was always a Princess, though she wasn't without her problems. Princess Catherine suffered from really bad nightmares. From the age of three she barely got a decent nights sleep. She was seen by doctors and all forms of healers, near and far. None could stop her nightmares.

Months before her fathers death. Catherine snuck out of Windsor and into a clearing of the woods nearby. She took a big bag of salt, then marked her territory with the cut of her wrist and let it dribble onto the ground. She closed her eyes and thought like she never had before. She thought and wished and prayed.

"Death comes to early for you child." A woman spoke and Catherine opened her eyes. She quickly stopped the bleeding and tied it off. She then straightened herself up.

"I wasn't sure you would come." The nine year old voiced

"Then why did you ask?" Death wondered curious to the little girl.

"Because I need your help." Catherine walked closer. "I have had nightmares every night since I was three years old."

"Dreams are not my area of expertise." Death replied

"I know. I read. The dreamworld is ruled by Morpheus, but I can't speak with him, I tried. That and I don't think the dream state is of his doing. I think they're visions. Visions of his future." Death's head tilted.

"That's not possible."

"Yet I have had them for years." Young Catherine countered "My father always says to be forthright and make your point."

"Go on then.

"I need these nightmares, visions. Whatever you wish to call them to stop. The only way for them to stop is for Morpheus to know what is going to happens he can avoid it. He'll listen to you. I've see it, you're his sister. The one he is most close to."

"I doubt he would listen to me."

"He has to." Catherine lifted up her gown and rushed to Death "Its not just his life that relies upon it. It is everyone. At some point in the future he will be summoned and he will be trapped. The bad things will get out. Hidden destruction because he is not there. The world, your siblings will have to compensate but it will fracture our existence. It will change him. He has to listen to reason and be careful." Death stared curiously at the child. She saw her desperation and fear.

"I will talk to him." Catherine breathed a small sigh of relief.

"Thank you. Thank you." she breathed

__________________

Death tried to warn her brother. But he did not heed the warnings of the mortal. And so the nightmare visions continued. King Henry died and Edward became King. Catherine tried to keep herself away from darkness and madness of her visions but they did not relent.

Months tired into years as Catherine grew more and more. As did her visions. She tried to speak to death again but the woman never appeared. She tried over the next six years, till her brother became sick and she got this feeling that he would not make it through this time. Catherine went to see her brother, she cleared out the room and sat at her brothers bedside.