Day Fourteen - Gavin and Stacey 2

This one was requested by Erin. I hope you like it.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Noelle. Happy Birthday to you. Yay!" The Shipman's and The West's sang to the now 16 year old. She sat in the West house with an appreciative smile. Then she leant forward and blew out the candles.

"Happy Birthday, baby." Smithy kissed his daughters head.

"Thank's Dad." she was handed the first slice of cake "Oh cracking" she hummed after the first bite.

"This cake is immense bro." Noelle complimented her brother.

"Not gonna lie it's all in the frosting and that wasn't easy to get right." Neil replied

"Fair play."

"So what did you get this year, love?" Stacey asked her Goddaughter

"Ma and Dad got me a guitar." Everyone was impressed with that answer and nodded.

"To be fair it was a regift. John Bon Jovi gave it to me after a time time. Wasn't my thing but I didn't want to part with it. Not until you started doing those you tube videos and tik tons." Nessa explained leaving some stunned for a moment but then carried on as normal.

"Oh and thanks for the make up kit Auntie Stace. I was running low on supplies."

"Your welcome." Stacey smiled at her. All of the family began to fall into separate conversations when Noelle looked down at her watch.

"Oh you lot, we need to be setting up. Show starts in half hour."

"oh yes." The West's and the Shipman's all stood up and went back to their place. From each of the four houses they brought out sound and performance equipment and set it up in the middle of the street. They put notices at both ends that the road was closed temporarily closed. Neighbours from up and down the street started to congregate.

"Merry Christmas, everyone!" Noelle called and the street cheered. "We wanted to give you some Christmas cheer so enjoy the show." Noelle nodded back to Harri, Megan, Caitlin and Neil.who were all at their respective instrument. They began to play their version of Last Christmas

Last Christmas Ashley Tisdale

The street clapped and Noelle took a small bow.

"Guys I think it's time to ramp things up." Arianna Grande's Santa tell me started to play. Both sides of the family along with the rest of the street danced along. Nessa nodded along proudly while Smithy cheered and clapped along.

____________________

Noelle, Neil, Harri, Megan and Caitlin got permission to go to London for the boxing day sales. The five of them laughed and talked on the train, then with what money they had went wild shopping. During their shopping spree Noelle stopped mid walk and because of that the others crashed into each other and into her.

"Noelle." they complained

"No way." Noelle drawled holding her hands out slightly. "You've got to be joking."

"What is it sis?" Neil asked his little sister.

"It's her."

"Who her?" they all questioned

"Her, her. The devil witch in high heels. Dad's ex girlfriend. Sonia." she declared dramatically.

"Oh no." they muttered. Even though Nessa and Smithy in a roundabout way had gotten together, and Smithy didn't end up proposing to her. Noelle never forgot the first and only impression she made and then wouldn't let go of it anytime any of them started dating.

"Noelle you have got to let this go." Megan sighed "This was like ten years ago. Your parents are together now."

"Meg's right." Caitlin added, but it fell on deaf ears. Noelle strolled over hot coffee in hand and 'bumped' into Sonia who chelped

"Oops" Noelle smirked

"What the hell?" Sonia exclaimed as Noelle's brother and friends watched on in shock. Noelle gave a satisfied humph and made her way past the ex "Aren't you going to apologise?" Noelle briefly turned around

"Kiss my arse, you posh cow. Payback is a bitch." Noelle turned away and carried on walking. The others quickly followed.

"Oh my god I can't believe you just did that." Neil breathed

"Now I can let it go!" Noelle simply shrugged

_____________________

A few months later Smithy was called on to do a job of retiling a bathroom. He was in the middle of doing the job when the door opened. Smithy was completely oblivious as to who entered until they spoke.

"Hello Neil." Sonia voiced making Smithy freeze for a moment. then he turned around and stood up.

"Sonia." he breathed then gave an awkward smile which she returned. "It's...It's been a while."

"Yes, it has." she nodded "i recognised your car out front. I didn't realise it was you who Jack called."

"Yes." he nodded

"I thought about you a few months ago. This girl bumped into me and she had a welsh accent. It reminded me of when i met your..Neil and Noelle right?"

"Yeah." Smithy nodded gulping.

"They must be all grown up now." The blonde made conversation.

"Neil's 22 now and Noelle just turned 16. Yeah. Do you...do you want to see a picture?" Smithy wondered and Sonia smiled and gave a small nod.

"Sure." Smithy took out his phone and pulled up a recent picture of his children.

"That's Neil and That's Noelle" he pointed to them in the picture of them smiling broadly. Sonia scowled a little and looked closer.

"I know her." she pointed to Noelle and then took the phone. "That's the girl who spilled coffee on me months ago. That's your daughter?"

"What?" he questioned "Wait, spilt coffee. Noelle? It can't be. I can't be my Noelle." he denied

"It's defiantly her, she was extremely rude and spilt hot coffee on me on purpose." Smithy took the phone back.

"It can't be here, she barely leaves Wales."

"Boxing day, last year."

"Oh." he muttered to himself "Well, I'm sure this is a misunderstanding. Let me just call her." he did that and just a few moments later she answered

"Oh Daddy-O. What's occurring?" Noelle answered doing her make up.

"Noelle is there something you want to tell me that happened on Boxing day?" Smithy asked his daughter.

"Not that i can think of. When are you coming home? I learnt this recipe in food tech that I want you to try." Sonia took the phone.

"Hello Noelle." Sonia greeted and Noelle scowled and turned her attention to her phone.

"Oh! Why are you with the posh cow?" she exclaimed

"That's not the point. Did you see sonia on Boxing Day and spill hot Coffee on her?" He questioned

"So what if i did.? She disrespected you. She basically called you fat and that you needed to loose weight. I'm Karma and i'm a bitch."

"Noelle apologies right now."

"To her? Fat Chance. Bye Daddy, Love you." Noelle hung up with a smug smile. Smithy turned to his ex girlfriend.

"I am so sorry. She's not normally like that. I don't know what came over her. If there is anything I can do..."

"No nothing." she denied "Never mind. You know what it was nice seeing you Neil. I'll leave you to it." Sonia left and Smithy shook his head. He would have to deal with his daughter later.