A sack was shoved roughly over Dick's head, and his hands were tied together with rope.

More hands tugged Dick to his feet, shoving him down the walkway.

The point of a knife was pressed into Dick's back, a reminder not to try anything. He continued to shuffle along, entering a building and being pushed down random corridors.

Eventually he was tugged to a halt, the ropes removed from his wrists and the sack taken off of his head.

The dim lighting was enough to cause Dick to squeeze his eyes shut, bringing up an arm to block his eyes.

A shove from behind had him stumbling and tripping, landing hard on a marble fountain, pain shooting up his arm.

Dick's head swirled for a moment, his eyes squeezed closed.

Once the nausea died down, Dick opened his eyes, taking in his surroundings.

He was leaned up against the fountain, a large owl statue perched on the top. Around him were branching hallways leading off in all directions. He was at the center of a maze.

The pain in Dick's arm flared when he shifted. He looked down, having to look away when he saw the limb hanging at an unnatural angle, blood trickling down to drip from his fingers. Great.

Dick fell to his knees in front of the fountain, gasping as he jostled his broken arm. He'd lost track of how many days he'd been in the court's maze.

The fountain's water mocked Dick's thirst. He assumed it was drugged, but as the days went on he found himself caring less and less.

Dick dipped a shaky hand into the fountain, bringing the cool quenching liquid up to his lips and gulping it up. He slid the rest of the way to the floor, letting his eyes flutter closed. He'd try to find the way out again after a short nap...

Dick's eyes snapped open when heard someone calling his name. He looked around, eyes spotting the flutter of a black cape as it rounded the corner. His heart jumped into his throat as he scrambled to his feet, running after his mentor.

"Batman!" He shouted desperately, running around corners, his feet barely keeping up with each other.

He let out a rattle of a breath as he rounded another corner, the fountain sitting there innocently in front of him. It had only been a hallucination.

Dick slumped to the floor, tears running down his cheeks, his shoulders shaking from his sobs.

"Don't cry my little robin," a voice Dick had almost forgotten called out. He lifted teary eyes to see his mother sitting on the edge of the fountain.

Dick whimpered pitifully. "Mami," he mumbled.

Mary Grayson smiled. "Why don't you come fly with us Dick?" She asked, gesturing to where John Grayson had appeared next to her.

"We miss you," John added with a bittersweet smile.

Dick's breath was shallow, his face pale. But he couldn't bring himself to look away from his parent's faces. Was this real? He stood shakily, stumbling over to the fountain.

All he found there, however, was his own ghost of a reflection... He was so thirsty... so he took another drink.

Dick was pulled from his slumber by the sound of a familiar voice calling his name. He squeezed his eyes shut for a moment.

"Nightwing," the voice repeated, and a warm hand was placed gently on his shoulder.