Chapter 70 - 72

Chapter 70 Evening in the Park

When I came home from school, I had a thought in my mind and chose a different path. You'll get tired of walking the same road all the time, so try something new.

This road is close to a residential area, and there is a street children's park there. As I walked, my footsteps stopped - Senior Fuji was sitting on the swing in the park.

If it were normal, I would avoid it like the plague. But today's Fuji-senpai is different from usual. He lowered his head in thought, without his usual smile. With his back to the shadow of the setting sun, the expression on his face looked so lonely and sad.

I was standing there and watching, suddenly, his three eyes came into play again, and he looked up and saw me. His usual smile appeared on his face, and he waved to me with a smile. The sadness and loneliness just now seemed to be fake.

Moved in front of him step by step. He smiled at me and said, "Echizen, are you here to play too? How about, let's play hide and seek?"

Hmm? How old are you? Looking into his smiling fox eyes, as if he was under a spell, I responded against my will: "Okay."

"Then. I'll be the ghost, and Echizen you hide. I'll come after I count to ten~" No The second senior was as excited as a child (he really is still a child).

After saying that, he ran towards a big tree by the park, raised his hands and buried his face there, and started counting "1, 2..."

Where to hide? There is no place to hide. Yes, the elephant-shaped children's slide seems to be OK.

"5, 6..."

I didn't have time to think about it, so I ducked there and curled up. This space is nice, concealed and breathable.

"9,10. I'm here~" came the voice of senior Fuji.

I guess he will be able to find me soon. This park is not big and there are few places to hide. To my surprise, almost N centuries have passed and Senior Fuji has not come to me yet.

Didn't you forget to go home for dinner? I thought to myself. But it does look like a small house here, I muttered.

I opened my eyelids again and saw Senior Fuji's smiling face so close to me, which shocked me.

He was squatting outside the slide and looking at me with interest. Did I doze off? How long has he been squatting there? Somehow, I felt that his gentle smile was not directed at me, but at another person.

"You are so stupid~ Echizen." He said with a smile, "If no one comes to see you, are you going to stay here for the night?"

I couldn't help but feel angry. The only one who treats other people's trust as a joke is you, Fuji-senpai!

"As stupid as him." He whispered, then raised his head and smiled: "Let's play on the swing."

Huh? Again?

He was almost pushed by Senior Fuji and stood on the swing frame. He started pushing harder, higher and higher.

In fact, I was a little scared when I was swinging in the air. Everyone screams when riding a roller coaster, not to mention it is so empty with only two ropes in mid-air? But I'm not naturally a person who shows weakness, so I just kept my mouth shut and didn't say a word.

The swing suddenly slowed down. I heard Senior Fuji's sigh behind me, "As expected, you just as stupid. You can't even scream when you scared." (This is the second time I've been told that I'm stupid!) Finally, the swing stopped, and I just stepped out of the swing frame in a daze. Going up and down, I tripped for some reason and fell down beautifully. However, it didn't hurt at all.