Chapter 49 - 51

Chapter 49 The regional competition begins

The day of the regional qualifiers.

"Ryoma, did you come in time?" When I came downstairs, rubbing my sleepy eyes, cousin Nanako asked with concern.

"Seigaku is the first seeded team, so I can arrive an hour late." I said, "Besides, Senior Momojo also agreed to pick me up."

While I was eating breakfast, I sat at the door pretending to read the newspaper. The delinquent middle-aged man said casually: "Have you finally become the main candidate?"

"Hmm... I don't know." Smelly old man, who wants to tell you.

Outside the door, Taocheng's hearty voice sounded. "Hey, Echizen, I'm here~"

I quickly poured the milk into my mouth, picked up the tennis bag and ran to the door. "I'm going out~"

"Huh, I don't know... are you pretending to be cool..." the bad middle-aged man muttered dissatisfiedly.

Following a group of seniors towards the reception desk, eyes from all directions were focused here. Is this blue and white shirt really so attractive?

"Registration at Youth Academy, all eight candidates are here." Minister Tezuka calmly handed the form to the staff at the reception desk.

There were noisy sounds all around. "They're coming!"

"It's Seigaku!"

There were also girls screaming, "Ah! Tezuka, Fuji, look here!" "

Hey, who is that little guy?" "Must be a new student."

"He Also the main candidate? Qingxue is really laid-back." There are so many flies.

"Hey, Director Tezuka won't play in Yulin?"

"Echizen actually teamed up with Momojo for doubles?" Seeing the list of appearances at the registration desk, the tennis club members of Seigaku started talking in a fuss. Minister Tezuka won’t go to war? Is it to preserve strength or is it related to the recovery progress that Ryuzaki-sensei mentioned last time?

"That's right, it was us who proposed to play doubles." Taocheng said with certainty.

"Has the sun risen from the west?" everyone muttered.

"... The three winners from 5 games will advance. Also, since it is the first game of Qingxue, even if the result comes out, all 5 games must be played." On the field, the staff explained. We stood in two rows facing each other across the net from Yulin players.

As expected, among the players on the opposite side were the two duos from last time. Looking at the proud smiles on their faces, you can guess what they are thinking with your toes.

Courtside before the game. "Eiji." Senior Oishi, who was sitting on the bench, turned his head.

"Yeah." Kikumaru handed over a towel. Oishi took the towel and handed over the drink can, "Hey."

Kikumaru took it and drank, "Thanks."

"What a tacit understanding~" Horio and the others sighed.

On the other side, Momoro rummaged around in the bag. "Echizen, have you seen my one?"

"What one?" I was puzzled.

When Taocheng looked at me, his face suddenly became filled with black lines. "It's the towel you're sitting on under your butt!"

"Hey -" Horio and the others sighed.

"First round of doubles. Members of both teams come forward. Seigaku: Momojo, Echizen's combination; Yulin: Fukawa, Izumi's combination."