S I X T Y - T W O

"Where's your brother ?" I hear João's mom ask Hugo.

"He's with my dad," I tell her as I approach them, "they're returning the cars."

"Oh honey," she turns to smile at me, "where do we put our luggage ?"

"I'll help you with it," I smile at her, "you go on and get on the plane."

"Are you sure ?" She asks.

"Yeah, it's fun having first pick of the seats," I say.

She smiles at me and heads up the stairs of the plane. "Well, I guess I'm going in too," Hugo says.

"No," I stop him in his tracks, "you're helping."

He groans coming over to me with the luggage as I help load it all onto the plane. We're currently getting ready to leave. Qatar was such a dream and I will be forever thankful for what happened. I'm thankful this stupid injury allowed me to come and witness my dad lift that World Cup, I'm thankful I got to meet Hugo, and João, I got to fall in love, this has been quite the experience.

We finish helping with the luggage and finally step onto the plane to take our seats. I look over to Cris who is calling us and already has the seating arrangements down. We head down to take our seats and wait for everyone else.

"Just noticed there's six of us," Cooper says, "even number for rollercoasters."

"What about the rest of our friends ?" I ask.

"Too bad, so sad," Cooper says and we laugh.

"Shawn is in Portugal," Nessa says, "texted the group chat, so you should already know, just reminding."

"Shit, I didn't know," I say patting my back pocket, "João has my phone. Can you tell him we'll see him there please."

"Group chat ?" Cooper asks, "you guys have a group chat im not in ?"

"You were in it," I remind him, "you left."

"You guys were being mean," Cooper argues, "add me back."

"Wait, Shawn is in Portugal ?" Cris asks, "oh man, this is gonna be interesting," he laughs after receiving conformation.

"What's gonna be interesting ?" I hear my boyfriend ask.

"Oh boy," I sigh, "we'll talk," I smile at him.

"What's in the bags ?" Cooper asks.

"Snacks," he says not taking his eyes off of me. "Best chip flavor in the world," he says holding a bag high in the air.

I smile at him, "it's nothing bad, you can breathe," I laugh, "it's just funny, and I'd like to clear the air, no secrets, full transparency, sit."

"Someone was texting you," he says sitting besides me and handing me my phone.

"Don't act like you didn't look," Hugo laughs.

"I didn't, as soon as I realized it wasn't my phone I put it back in my pocket," João says.

"First of all, I don't care if you looked," I say, "I have nothing to hide. Second of all, let me tell my story. Okay so long, long ago, I had a huge crush on Shawn, but I was quiet about it and then I started dating Hayes and it all became platonic. Anyways, my avó was always team Shawn, especially when she met his parents but Shawn always talked about Camila and being in love with her and whatnot. My avó met them together once and heavily rooted for them, they dated but broke up and I don't know how she's gonna take it," I laugh.

"You think she'll find out ?" Hugo asks.

"She's super nosy and she'll ask Shawn about her nonstop," I laugh, "Shawn will have to tell her eventually."