T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Friday, December 2, 2022 2:15PM

I woke up this morning and met the guys from the Mexican national team that stayed behind for breakfast. After breakfast, most of them went back to their hotels to pack since they'd be leaving tonight. I was currently out with Kevin, Frankie, Cris, Cooper, Nessa, João, Hugo, Kai and Sophia at lunch.

"How are you feeling Kai ?" Frankie asks as the waitress drops off our food.

"Not bad, I mean it sucks that we didn't move on, but it's only the beginning," he smiles.

"Cheers to that brother," Kevin says raising his glass.

"Oh shit I forgot you guys didn't make it either," Kai said as the three of them clinked their glasses together.

"You surround yourself with losers," Cooper joked.

"Eh, her boyfriend is still a winner," Kai shrugged, "good luck today by the way," he looks at João.

"Thank you," João says caught off guard. "Wait what ?" He asks, "I'm confused, do you like me or not ?"

"I don't have a reason to not like you," Kai shrugged, "I don't know you well enough."

"But, my first game," João started but Kai interrupted.

"Yeah, Sofia was in my head, lord knows what she was mad about," he sips his drink, "but everyone speaks so highly of you, her friends, her, her family, her DAD, we maybe just got off on the wrong foot."

"Sorry," I say slightly embarrassed, "but we're all friends now."

"What about the list ? Am I on it now ?" João asks.

"Nope," Kai smiles.

"Not that damn list again," Frankie laughs.

"Isn't," Sophia begins but is subtly silenced by Kai.

"Is Lisandro Martinez on there ?" Hugo asks curiously.

"Lisandro ?" Kai asks, "no, Sofia and him are better off as friends, besides, she's turned him down like 20 times this past year," he laughs.

"What do you know about Martinez ?" I ask him.

"Nothing," Nessa said.

"Falamos logo," (we'll talk later) João whispers and I nod.

"Nessa speak," Frankie says, "because if Sofia finds out through João, you'll both be mad at each other, and I don't wanna see you two fight."

"I've just said the same thing as Kai," Nessa said, "Lisandro likes Sofia, Sofia doesn't like him, like that at least."

"That's why you have so many Lisandro jerseys," Hugo adds.

"Yes, every jersey im there has been a gift," I smile.

"Alright everyone, to the stadium we go," Cris says handing me my card since we're all done and he's just payed.

"When did the check arrive ?" João asks.

"I specifically asked they drop it off when you were in the rest room since I knew you'd insist on paying but I invited everyone," I smile at him and he rolls his eyes.

We thank the restaurant for their services and made our way to the stadium since João and I had to be there early. Everyone else took off to their seats while João and I headed towards the locker room.

"Hey there's something I need to talk to you about," he tells me, "can we talk after the game ?"

"Yeah," I smile at him as he disappears inside the locker room to get ready.