E I G H T

After my run in with João I went to practice with Frankie. We practiced for a couple of hours, nothing interesting happened, and now we're headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. Frankie would be joining us, as I've also asked other football legends to join as well.

When we finished we made our way back to our separate hotels to get ready. I rushed up to my hotel room to find Cris on his phone laying on his bed while João was doing the same thing on my bed.

"Can you guys pick out my dress while I shower quickly please," I tell them as I put my stuff down and head for the bathroom.

"What is this ?" João asks, holding something up as I walk out in a robe.

"Gloves João, they're gloves," I say yanking the material from his hands. "Have we chosen a dress ?" I ask.

"I feel like red would definitely be your color," João says holding up my other red glove.

"Very well, I'll be out in a bit," I say taking back the glove and taking the matching red dress off the hanger.

I walk into the restroom again and start putting my dress on.

"Zip me up," I say walking back out and turning around.

"Where's Cris ?" I asked as I turn back to face him.

"He went to get ready with the boys," he said. "He asked me to hold down the fort," he says as his eyes met mine. "Wow, you look beautiful."

"Thank you," I smile at him. "So, why aren't you coming tonight ? What exciting plans await you ?" I ask.

"I felt like it was kinda your thing with your friends" he replies, "when do the gloves come on ?"

"When I'm done getting ready," I reply. "Aren't we friends ?" I ask.

"Yeah, but, we're... we're you know," he trails off as he sits on the bed and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"ughhh don't do this to me" he says throwing his head back and laying on the bed.

"You could be my date," I say. "could be preparation for tomorrow."

"Don't even, I'm already super nervous for that," he states.

"Why?" I ask.

"Your dad scares me," he confesses.

"Has he always ?" I ask stepping back into the bathroom.

"Well no, I just always wanted to impress him and do good on the field, you know, because he's my idol," he says. "Now it's different," he huffs.

"Because he's my dad ?" I ask poking my head out.

"yes," he states, "but not in a bad way," he clarifies. "You said he didn't like your ex, and that makes me nervous, it's one thing for him to think I'm good on the pitch, it's a completely different thing for him to think I'm good enough to date his daughter."

"You don't think you're good enough ?" I ask.

He huffs, "It doesn't matter if I think I'm good enough," he says, "I want him to feel like I am."

I sigh and walk back out into the room. "Do you think you're good enough ?" I ask standing in front of him.

"I want your" he starts but I don't let him finish.

"Don't mention my dad," I eye him.

"I do," he says.

"And so does he," I smile at him. "What'd he tell you anyway ?" I ask as I grab my heels and head to the chair to put them on.