T W E N T Y - O N E

Saturday, November 26, 2022

10:15AM

After a shower and a change of clothes, I walk into my parent's suite with Nessa and Cooper for a home cooked meal.

"Do you need any help ?" I ask Gio as she begins serving everyone.

"Yeah, place these plates in front of everyone," she says handing me plates to start placing on the table.

"Aren't we missing one ?" I ask placing the last plate on the table.

"No, your father has allowed Cris to go out with João and Hugo," Gio tells me.

"Why didn't you go ?" My dad asks me.

"And miss quality time with you guys ?" I ask jokingly, "absolutely not."

"I love you Sofía, but you're always with us, even when we're not living under the same roof, we see you at least a few times a month," my dad says. "We don't know what schedule that boyfriend of yours is working with back home nor how that'll interfere with yours, I thought you'd want to make the most of your time with him."

"Boyfriend ?" I ask, "I don't have a boyfriend."

"You and João aren't dating ?" He asks me.

"No," I say confused.

"He didn't," Gio begins but doesn't finish her question and out of the corner of my eye I see Cooper shake his head.

"What's going on ?" I ask.

"Nothing, nothing," my dad straightens up, "it was just my understanding you two liked each other."

"Mhm," I hum placing some food on the spoon, "liked."

"What happened ?" Gio asks.

I sigh, "I don't really know."

We finish our meal with less João talk and I help Gio tidy up.

"Do you mind if I have a couple friends over ?" I ask my dad, hoping he says yes because I've already notified a few.

"Yeah, you make up with Havertz yet ?" He asks as there's a knock ok the door and Gio opens it to reveal Sophia and Kai. She welcomes them in and I smile "hope that answers your question."

"How's the boyfriend hunt going Kai ?" My dad asks greeting him.

"I've learned it's best to stay out of it," he shrugs, "plus Sofia has a good head on her shoulders, she can decide for herself."

My dad lifts a brow "I wouldn't say that, she finally looked at a decent man this week and I don't know what happened."

"Yeah," Kai laughs, "she has shitty taste in men, I just want her to be happy, I wish she would understand I have her best interest at heart."

"I know you do," I sigh "my mind's just in multiple places at once, maybe I'm just not ready for a relationship," I shrug.

"That's not what you've been displaying with Félix," my dad says looking everywhere but me and I side eye him.

"Whose side are you on ?" I ask.

"The side of your happiness," he says walking towards his room, "João is a good boy."

I roll my eyes, "what are you guys doing today ?" Gio asks.

"Swimming," I smile "Pedri is coming over, Gavi, Christian and Mason."

"What about Frankie ?" She asks.

"They have a game tonight," I say.

"Are you going ?" She asks.