"So tell me," Luke began, running a hand through his hair, "How did you learn to skate so amazing?"

I chuckled, "I hardly think I'm amazing at skating, it's just skating."

"Sure but at the beach you were going incredibly fast," he stated. In some ways that's true. I always liked going extremely fast to the point that I knew if I fell at any moment I'd probably knock some teeth out or break my nose, but I liked the thought anyway. "So?"

I sighed, "Well when I was 5, my dad bought a skateboard for my older brother, but he never took interest in it so I picked up on it," I explained.

"So I take it your dad is proud of you for sticking to it?" He chuckled.

"I wouldn't know, he left us that same year," I didn't even realize I had said that rudely. Luke was about to apologize but I stopped him, "I didn't mean to sound rude, but it's the truth and you don't have to be sorry for it."

He stood quiet for a while as he kept walking. I think I freaked him out a little. God danget Leah, get your shit together. I was terrible at talking to boys, what was I supposed to say now? Ask him about himself. No shit. Now I was arguing with myself, ugh.

"So you play football right?" I mentally slapped myself since he mentioned this the other night. He nodded without smiling or anything. "Do you not like it or?"

"Don't get me wrong, it's a great sport, but I'm interested in other things," he explained. I didn't want to ask what other things because I didn't want to seem too nosy or eager to get to know him.

He interrupted my thoughts, "We're almost to my house." He pointed to this house that was a bit far away but close enough. It was huge and gated with four cars. I assumed the only black one was his since that's the one he took me home in the other night.

"Wow," I whispered. "You have like the nicest house I've ever seen."

Luke giggled, "I guess so. My mum's a teacher and my dad is lawyer. You'll love my mum! Just wait for it!" He seemed so happy to talk about his mom.

But it only made me nervous, "I'm meeting your parents?" He nodded. I wasn't too big on meeting parents. When I first met Michael, he some sort of crush on me so he would always hug me from behind which I didn't mind because at the time I didn't know he liked me. When I met his mom, on the other hand, she thought I was a boy so whenever Michael would wrap himself around me she thought he was gay. She cursed me out once for "turning her son gay" and kicked me out. He later explained that I wasn't and she felt so bad, but it happens I guess.

We reach Luke's house which only looks bigger up close. He types in the code on this pin pad and the whole gate opens. Luke grabs my wrist and pulls me into his home.

"Mum, I'm home!" Luke shouts. A small blonde woman walks out from the long hallway and smiles at him.

"There's my boy!" she kisses him on the cheek, "And you've got company."

I was so glad that I managed to make myself look somewhat like a girl today. I was wearing a plain black shirt with shorts and my hair was pulled back into a ponytail. My usual outfits were baggy shirts and skinny jeans with a hat, but I decided it was time for new things.

"Mum this is Leah, she's my new friend," he introduced.

She came walking towards me and pulled me in for a hug, "It's so nice to meet you Leah." After she let go, she went straight into the hallway, "Dinner should be ready soon. I'll call you guys."

"Thank you, Mrs. Hemmings."

She chuckled, "Please call me Liz."

I giggled. Well that went well, I think. "My mum really likes you," Luke chuckled along with me. "She never lets anyone call her Liz except for Calum, and now you."