♛ 16 ♛

The sudden screech took my breath away

The sudden screech took my breath away. I was frozen for the moment. I scrutinized Raffael standing in front of me quickly scanning him, my eyes fell on his arm which was bleeding profusely.

That asshole was going to fire again but Antonio shot him. Raffael lost his balance for a while inclining into me. I curved my hand around his waist holding his other hand in mine. Antonio hurried towards us with other men.

"Take him to the car" I told Antonio giving Raffael's hand to him. As we reached the car Raffael sat inside while Antonio sat on the driving seat. I sat beside Raffael his eyes were closed regardless he looked calm.

"Don't look at me like that, tesoro"

How does he know that I am looking at him? I looked at his arm it was bleeding a lot. I have to tie something to stop it temporarily until we get home.

"Tell me you aren't hurt anywhere?" he asked making me dumbfounded. This man he is shot and he is asking if I am hurt.

"I am fine" I said my voice still low.

"Do you have a handkerchief? " I asked the man sitting beside Antonio. He nodded handing out a handkerchief. I tied it around Raffael's arm.

"Hey! Don't pass out, open your eyes we will reach the estate in some time"

He chuckled, this man gets on my nerves all the time. Taking a tissue, I rubbed his forehead he was sweating. He is in immense pain although he is acting to be perfectly fine.

"It's just a scratch, I have been through much more."

He is correct, he may have suffered much more than a shot but this isn't a scrape.

"The bullet is still in your fucking arm this isn't a scratch" I took a deep gust restraining my anger.

Both of the men in the front glimpsed at me for a moment shocked by my outbreak. I heard one of them muttering something in Italian and obviously, I didn't understand the frustrating meaning.

We reached the estate Raffael wasn't fully conscious but he didn't pass out. I supported him out of the car as we entered inside.

I can't take him upstairs he is huge. Before I could ask anyone to call Samuel or Augustin I saw Bianca coming downstairs. She looked at me her eyes dilating at Raffael and all the blood on his white shirt.

"Call someone to take him upstairs his arm is shot"

She nodded calling Augustin and within seconds he was there but not alone, Cillian was with him. Cillian reached to me taking a grip on Raffael.

"Hey! I can walk myself" Raffael tried to differ but Cillian didn't hear a word, he took him upstairs while Augustin phoned Andrew.

"Come to Raffael's room, yes he is shot" he also surged upstairs. I was still appaled by all of this. I was standing there when Bianca came to me.