♛ 44 ♛

I woke up as usual with Raffael by my side

I woke up as usual with Raffael by my side. He pecked my forehead smiling at me.

"Good morning" His voice was calm and composed. He helped me sit up properly giving me medicine, I needed to take it just after waking up. When he reached for the glass of water, I saw a white bandage on his hand. It wasn't there yesterday.

I took his hand in mine looking at the bandage. His hand was wrapped it looked like the wound was deep. Raffael scrutinized my eyes, taking his hand away.

"Just business" He said or better I should say he lied. Raffael passed me the medicine. I gulped it down with water. What happened, what was he hiding?

"Tell me the truth," I said. I know he never leaves me alone at night and last night his hand was fine until I slept. How could he suddenly get injured? Raffael cradled my face in his hands.

"What made you think, I am lying?" His words were soft but not what I wanted to hear from him. I turned my face away and suddenly my eyes fell on the tray beside my bed. There are blood stains on it, is it his blood?

"Baby look at me, it's just a scratch," He said turning my face at him.

"Raffael you said we won't lie to each other" My voice came much lower than I intended. His face looked in pain. What was he hiding? I clutched my hospital gown with my hands looking at my lap. I saw some blood stains on it. Wait! D-Did  I–I  did t-this to him.

I looked at him and then at his hand. My words couldn't come clearly. "Raffael d-did I–" He hugged me closer as I couldn't control my sobs. I hurt him.

"No tesoro" He said clutching me in his arms. It was me he couldn't get hurt here. Maybe I did something in my sleep but I don't remember anything. I pulled away from him. My hands grabbed my hair out of frustration. I am so done with these nightmares. He is suffering because of me. Raffael hasn't left my side since I have been here on the other hand, I only hurt him more.

Raffael slowly gripped my hands taking them away from my hair. "No amore, that wasn't your fault. I told you already we are together in this" He kissed my knuckles wiping away the tears.

I hugged him like my life depended on it. "Raffael, I am sorry, I am dragging you in this" His body tensed at my words.

"Don't you dare say that Yuliana? I love you and you are mine to take care of. You are my fighter you can't give up on this. You can't give up on us baby" His words were filled with sincerity and concern.

"But-"

"No if or buts. Come on, I will help you" Raffael helped me with my morning routine. After that, he cleaned me changing my clothes. It feels a lot more comfortable with him than a nurse. He does it so patiently like he had done this before.

"I don't want to eat anything," I said earning a glare from Raffael. Yes, he is the same Raffael who glares at everyone. The nurse came with the usual soup placing it on the table. She asked me how was I feeling. She is sweet.