♛ 14 ♛

It's been a month since I last heard from Papa and I can't even call him

It's been a month since I last heard from Papa and I can't even call him. My stay here has been pretty decent till now. I have been working out with Chiara in the morning then during the day, I spend it in the room doing nothing or sometimes helping Chiara in making some list or sorting names. She told me how Raffael and Cillian's mothers aid sex slaves.

Raffael supported her mother to open a Psychiatric Centre for them. In the previous month, I have observed many things about him like he is handsome, no not this. Foremost, he loves his family, I have seen how he obeys his mama and Umberto, and how he handles his brothers and Chiara. He may not show but he is kind. He is not what I presumed him to be.

Entering the kitchen, I saw Augustin he is the only one who never talks to me. His gaze is hard as he looks at me before going out. I pick up a water bottle and go back to my room. I noticed Aurora Mancini sitting on the couch with Alessia Bianchi.

I smiled at their direction when Alessia asked me to join them. I moved towards them sitting on the other couch.

"Are you guys planning something?" I asked looking at their enthusiastic faces.

"Yes, it's Bianca's birthday" Mrs.Mancini replied with a smile. At first, I thought she is relentless same like her son but she was not, she talked to me many times about how am I feeling or am I having any kind of problem on the other hand Alessia was a total sweetheart, I went to her house which is at walking distance from here. She made some lasagna for me and I can't believe, I had the best lasagna of my life.

"Oh, I see"

"This is her second birthday here last year we were going through a tough time but this year, we will celebrate it" Alessia joined in.

I didn't get her. Maybe they were at war or something last year that's why it wasn't celebrated. I helped them choose the theme and decorations for the event. We talked about what Bianca likes and what we should do to make the day special.

"Augustin already arranged cake, he is busy dealing with security issues for the day," Mrs Mancini said.

He loves his wife whenever I see him there is a protectiveness in his eyes for Bianca. They may quarrel a lot but their adoration is noticeable.

After the conversation was over I walked to the garden and Bianca was already there, sitting on the bench. She looks lost. I sat beside her looking at the roses.

"Is everything fine?" I couldn't stop myself from asking since I was here, she was the first one who didn't judge me, she reached out to me even when I was sure her husband said no. I want to know if she is alright.

"Why does the situation make us so vulnerable?"

"It doesn't, just don't let it wipe out your sanity and positivity" I tried to boost her.

"We can't do that every time"

"See, I am totally fine if you can't tell me-

"I hate my birthday"