♛ 33 ♛

I rubbed my teary eyes when the driver told me, we reached the destination

I rubbed my teary eyes when the driver told me, we reached the destination. I got off the car holding my small bag tightly. I saw the private jet standing with Alexei ( her old bodyguard) waiting for me.

I strolled towards the jet. He offered his hand taking the bag from me. This is so strange, I used to smile at him but right now, my lips were sealed like they didn't want to move. I ascended the stairs taking all my solidity, I moved inside. Alexei came after me, closing the gate.

I sat beside the window, looking outside. My days in New York are eventually over. A tear evaded my eye when the jet took off. The amount of tears I shed these days, I haven't cried that much in my whole life.

I turned my gaze when I saw Alexei sitting a few feet away. His face was stoic as it used to be but his eyes depict the blame. Maybe he is guilty about the incident that happened in the club. Neither he would have asked me to leave, nor all of this would have taken place.

But this isn't his fault. Albanians would have attacked us anyway, so I had to stay with Cosa Nostra. I had to stay with him. Do I regret it? No.

My brain wants to be happy but my heart, it is too heavy to be cheerful. It hasn't been an hour since I left him and I want to go back. Surge into his arms. His embrace felt like the safest place in the world because he held me when my demons haunted me. Don't think about it, you left that place.

I left him.

I closed my eyes trying to sleep and shut down these thoughts. I haven't slept a second last night so I think my brain will let me earn a little sleep now.

***

Alexei woke me up when we reached. For how long I have been asleep? I just climbed down two stairs when my eyes fell on Kiril. I dashed towards him and threw my arms around his shoulders putting my weight on him.

He clasped me like he always does. "I missed you" My words came as a whisper since I was trying hard to control my tears and breathing at the same time.

"I missed you too Ana" He replied as he hugged me tightly. We stayed like that for some minutes and I finally slacked my hold on him. He gave me a smile nodding at Alexei.

I sat in the car with Kiril and Alexei. The drive to the mansion was silent. All of us thinking about our situations.

Car entered the estate but I don't get the feeling of coming back home. I got out of the car, taking the small bag I brought with me. Kiril and Alexei stood on either side of me. I saw a figure approaching us and it was none other than my brother Leonid.

Before I could go inside to hug him too, Kiril held my hand. I looked at his hand and then at his face. His eyes were on my other hand which was clutching the bag. He took the bag from my hold looking at Leo.

I saw Leo nodding from my side vision. What is happening here? "Kiril that has my belongings" I said not sounding hurt by what he did.

"We can't trust those Italians Ana, this will go through a security scan then I will give it back to you" His words show the wrath he feels for Raffael. I tugged on the sleeve of my shirt hiding the bracelet on my right wrist. If he finds out about it, he will definitely destroy it.