♛ 2 ♛

"You need to learn more little sister " That statement gave me a pointed glare from Chiara

"You need to learn more little sister " That statement gave me a pointed glare from Chiara. She isn't my blood relative but she is my sister whom I love and care about. She is Uncle Umberto's daughter who was my father's consigliere, now mine. They have lived with us since we were born she is five years younger than me. As usual, I was taking a sparring lesson with her and defeated her again. Chiara isn't someone who accepts defeat she is keen to learn and that's good. Being born into the mafia is not a choice but you have to follow it.

" Next time you won't win" I smiled at her words and gave her a hand which she accepted politely. It's been a year since my father was shot at the church during my brother's wedding. There was a rat in our family, we caught him soon and he begged for his death. Soon, I was the new capo being the eldest son as I said it isn't your choice you have to follow it. I would have loved to be the capo, if my father was beside me if it wasn't the next day after his funeral.

Uncle Umberto and I have been searching for the people behind the attack and we got the information already, it was Polish. I should have known it better but I took an oath the same day my father died that Marcin Nowak would die a million times before dying he would beg me to shoot him. We warned them a lot of times since they were attacking our territory but that attack at the ceremony it broke the last threads of peace.

My father has run this familia with honour and respect and I will do the same. We only deal in illegal weapons and armour supplies and our family has been strictly against sex trafficking or human trafficking we have our rules and we follow them till we die. Marcin left Poland shortly after the attack and hid in the bushes like a dog. I will find him and then he has to face the death he feared the most.

"So did you beat him? " Uncle Umberto asked as he stood in the foyer, I nodded at him as a greeting. Again giving me a playful glare, Chiara answered "I surely beat him but I didn't won daddy" he placed a hand around her shoulders smiling at her. One could never tell that a man like him can be soft for someone but that's Chiara she has her father wrapped around her finger. I needed to talk about the next supplies to Augustin my brother so I headed towards his wing.

Before I could knock at his door, the door busted open and he came out like he was waiting for me to be there. "The supplies reached Sicily, I got the call " I smirked at him and he knew the reason. "Don't say " he whispered making me chuckle. "I think she is serving you right, by the way, don't come downstairs like that or everyone in the house will make a joke of this " I pointed towards the nail marks on his neck and chest. I heard him saying fucker as I turned on my way.

My phone vibrated in my breast pocket. "What's the news, tell me it's something good " I heard a sigh on the line so it wasn't good.

"I am in your study meet me there " and he hung up on me this man always gets on my nerves still, I bear him.

Opening the door to my study, I saw Cillian O'Brien standing against the hardwood desk with his hands inside his pockets. "What's the matter? " I jumped to the topic without beating the bush. A frown formed on his head which made me raise a brow.