♛ 26 ♛

Life is unpredictable

Life is unpredictable. Till yesterday, I longed for the war to end but now, I am terrified about going to my home where my mama and papa won't be waiting for me. No one will ever call me 'my Yulia' like they did.

Raffael hasn't told me the whole thing, I know my parents weren't killed in the war. They were murdered, and papa knew that someone from inside was betraying him. The past twenty-three years of my life rolled in front of my eyes. How will I live without them, I can't. This is very tough.

Then I think about my brothers, they only have me. I have to live. Raffael left me alone when I asked him. I don't want to talk to anyone. My dad was my strength whenever I felt weak or helpless he was there to remind me, that I have bratva blood and that I am his tigress.

Raffael came with food. I know Alessia and Aurora must have sent this. When he sat beside me, I couldn't control my emotions. I wept on his shoulder again. I grieved for my dead parents, he tried to console me as always but this despair couldn't fade.

He told me that the funeral was held today only. The painful truth that I couldn't even see their faces for the last time broke me.

After some time, when I calmed a bit, I decided to ask him. I thought about this, my brothers. "Raffael I need to talk to my brothers, I want to speak with Leonid" He didn't react for a minute or more which propelled me to pull away and look at him.

"You can't speak to them Yuliana" How effortlessly he said that. That declaration fumed sparks inside my already torn soul. Pushing myself away from him, I wiped my wet lashes with the back of my hand.

"Do you understand this, my parents are gone. I have to talk to my brothers" I said restraining my tears.

His expressions were nonchalant like this wasn't his concern which made my outrage peak. How he can easily switch from being a sweetheart to an ass this quick.

"The war is still going on, I can't put your safety aside for this"

I literally wanted to laugh at his words, does he take me as a fool? "You talked to someone, who told you about my parents, you talked to my dad earlier but I can't talk to them"

My words clearly shocked him. I didn't pester him earlier because I wanted my family safe. But after all this, don't I deserve at least a talk with my brothers?

"This isn't about me Yuliana, it is your safety that we are talking about" He tried to justify his refusal.

"You can't cage me Raffael. In the name of protection, you can't refute me everything. My father asked for my protection, I don't think that meant you won't even let me talk to my family"

His facial muscles were tightened. I heard him clenching his jaw. He can be enraged all he wants. He can't deny me my freedom.

"I don't think, I caged you. You were allowed to do everything except the ones which impeded your security." He turned his head clamping his mouth shut. His hands were fisted tightly on his sides.

"I won't ask anything else, just let me talk to my brothers," I asked for a last time. He didn't bother me a look when he said his final words before going out of the room.

"We will not argue on this further, you can't talk to them at least for now"

How can I expect something from him? He is apathetic. Why did I expect him to understand my feelings? Why God! What did I do wrong?

***

I have closed myself in my room for the last three days. I don't want to let my sentiments affect others and I don't wanna see his face.

Bianca, Chiara and Samuel came to check on me. Bianca asked me to give myself time she didn't force me to open the door. She even left Bella here so I wouldn't feel alone. On the other hand, Chiara tried many manoeuvres so that, I open the door.

Loud whacks on the door startled me. I raised the comforter up to take my head out. I know this can't be Bianca or Chiara they won't be so clamant so I didn't ask who is there.

"Yuliana open the door"

I knew it. He can't leave me alone. Even though I missed his comfortable hugs, I didn't want to see his face. Instead of replying, I sat on the bed wrapping myself in the comforter.

"Yuliana open the damn door, I am not a patient man"

And the next second, the door opened with a loud thud. Raffael came inside, his gaze was lethal. Eyes were pointed at me, it felt like he is super pissed. I don't care.

"Get up take a shower and we will go downstairs" Like always he threw his demands at me. Pivoting my head away, I didn't reply to him.

Reaching in front of me he placed his fingers below my chin raising my face up. "Yuliana, I gave you three days, can't let you lock yourself here for more now come on get up"

"I don't want to go anywhere" Why should I follow his orders when he can't even accept my simple request?

"I said you won't lock yourself here and starve Yuliana" His words were rigid and non-negotiable. When he saw me still attached to my position he grabbed my hand. His hold was firm but gentle pushing the duvet aside.

Blyad (fuck) I didn't have the pants on with the oversized t shirt. Due to the force he used on the duvet, my tshirt rode up setting my black underwear on display. I tugged it down quickly but, would that lessen the shame? Fuck no

I could feel Raffael's eyes on my exposed legs which made me shudder. I saw a glimmer in his stone-hard eyes and I know I wasn't mistaken. Why does he have this effect on me that makes me weak? I am sure, I have gone mad.

"I am waiting, go take a shower" He practically growled getting away from my side. I should slap myself when I felt hot after hearing his voice. This time it didn't piss me but, I feel extremely uneasy or maybe turned on. Fuck this.

He sat on the chair beside the window leaving no choice for me since I was the one who was hella embarrassed, who is a total fool for feeling these emotions, having these illicit thoughts for him.

Getting up from the bed, I shifted towards the closet. His gaze is permanently settled on me like, I would run away. Taking some random clothes from the closet, I ran towards the bathroom.

After taking a cold shower, I feel a little better. I proceeded downstairs with him. Everyone was present at the table like a usual day. I had breakfast with them. I was starving since I hadn't eaten anything for the past three days.

After breakfast, Aurora came towards me hugging me. "I am sorry for your loss mia cara"

I sniffed my tears hugging her tightly while she patted my back. One thing this family has is humanity. They have made me feel at home all this time.

She dabbed my cheeks kissing my forehead. She gave her condolences telling me how strong I am. My eyes fell on  Samuel he whispered something to Raffael. Raffael peeked at me, which meant it was about me. But what.

With that last look, Raffael took off with Samuel. Augustin pursued them upstairs. Maybe they were going into his study. Something is happening, I know this feeling. The last time I had this feeling, it was my graduation party and it was damn true. Jesus this should be something good, I can't handle more.

☰ ☱ ☲ ☳☴ ☵ ☶ ☷☰ ☱ ☲ ☳☴ ☵ ☶ ☷☰☲

Hey! What are your thoughts on what Yuliana is feeling right now. Is Raffael right. Don't forget to vote and share your thoughts on this one.

It's a double update, I won't be able to update tomorrow so I published them today only.

Lots of love❤