♛ 25 ♛

"Boss Daniil Zaitsev and his wife were found dead in their house yesterday

"Boss Daniil Zaitsev and his wife were found dead in their house yesterday. The reason for death is severe organ damage due to a shot" Luca disclosed to me. Fuck this, I was late. Aron Neziri played his card already.

"Contact us if you get any information on this" He consented before ending the call. Augustin and Cillian looked at my face and they knew it was alarming.

"Daniil and his wife were shot" My words stunned them to the same extent as me. Fuck! How can it end up like this? My mind was blank at the moment. I haven't felt like this since my father's death.

"You need to tell her"

Cillian is right but how I am going to tell her. It was just a day ago when I told her that her family was safe. Augustin nods at what Cillian said. She was just healing from the panic attack and now this.

Moving out of the study, I went towards her room. My feet feel so hefty as I take my steps. Taking a large puff of air, I knocked on her door before opening it.

***

Yuliana's face looks emotionless as she registers what Augustin just said. She glanced at him for a minute while he was looking at the floor.

"I know you despise me but how can you say something like that about my parents? This isn't true tell me you are lying huh!" She reached towards him. Putting her hands on his shoulders she jerked him asking again why he was lying.

When Augustin didn't utter a word she turned her head towards me. "Raffael tell me he is lying, this isn't real. This can't be true you said yesterday my father and brothers are fine" I didn't even dare to look into her eyes.

"Please say something Raffael, I am really scared, please tell me this is a lie." Her voice quivered as she tried her best not to cry. I have to say this even, I hate this moment but I can't avoid it.

"He is telling the truth" I peeked into those blue orbs when I forced those words out of my mouth. She gazed at me looking for any hints of a lie.

She fell on the floor like a lifeless body when she finally acknowledged it was truth. My feet surged towards her as she fell on the floor. Tears running down her cheeks as she cried her heart out. She looks in so much pain like every cell in her body is hurting.

I swathed my arms around her weeping figure. I won't stop her from crying, she needs this. She clasped me closer, wailing on my shoulder. I peeked over my shoulder to see Cillian and Augustin looking at us.

Cillian looks in misery just like her. He glimpsed at me before going out. He takes her as Aofie and he can't see her breaking like that. Augustin patted my shoulder, worry evident in his eyes as he gave Yuliana a last look before going out.

"My p–papa h–he said h–he would wait for me how can he leave me like this Raffael? I didn't e–even talk to t–them." She sobbed her words cracking due to hiccups. I hate this situation, I can't do anything to take her misery away. To take all her despair away.