♛ 53 ♛

"Custodian" Leonid was losing it when he registered what Alexei said

"Custodian" Leonid was losing it when he registered what Alexei said. I glanced at Yuliana with my eyes telling her to clarify it to her brother. She smiled nodding at me and moved forward.

"Leo, he isn't my bodyguard. Papa hired him as my custodian." She started telling him the whole truth behind.

Flashback

" Custodian," Yuliana said. Her face was muddled while Cillian and Augustin were standing naturally since they knew about this.

We were at the safe house and this was the time, I should tell her about the man who was helping me from inside. Alexei her personal bodyguard at least that's what she thinks was the one who disclosed to me everything we needed.

"Alexei isn't your bodyguard. Alexei was a trained assassin, one of the best. Your father hired him to protect you with his life. Daniil protected you from the biggest danger itself. Anyone could have hired Alexei to kill you and that was the biggest threat." Yuliana was quiet taking all the information.

"Daniil called me when the war was getting worse. He told me this information and no one except Vladimir knows this not even your brothers. He asked me to trust only Alexei. When he was shot, I called Alexei. When you came here, Alexei was telling me how you were doing" She looked at me with so much affection when I told her that I was getting her info from him.

"In short your father's loyal men will still support us" Augustin concluded the words.

"Papa didn't trust anyone else, so Alexei was working with you all this time and you didn't even tell me" Suddenly her expression became dreadful. She came forward with her eyes pointing a glare at me.

"I did it for you"

"You could have told me earlier about all this," She said when she playfully hit her fist on my chest. Her face trying to show anger.

"Yeah, he should have spoken a word" Augustin added fuel to the fire. I gestured him to shut up to which he smirked.

"Beat me once we reach New York again" I said taking her hands in mine. She shook her head.

"Promise me you won't hide anything from now"

I bobbed my head in a yes. "I won't" I said pecking her lips.

Present time

I could see, Leonid felt hurt since his father kept him away from this information. Vladimir tried to explain him the situation. Yuliana sat beside him again.

"Leo let it be. What matters is we are safe and the people behind this are no more" He nodded at her words taking her hands in his. I didn't know if I trusted him or not.

"Uncle, I need your blessings since Papa is not here, I want you to bless me," Yuliana said when Vladimir hugged her one more time.

"My blessings are always with you little girl" He said and his smile was truthful. He looked at me coming forward. "I always knew you would be a great capo but now I have seen it myself" He said patting his hand on my shoulder. I bowed to him respecting his words.