♛ 1 ♛

"You look breathtaking moy rebenok " I saw mama entering my room and she complimented me like always

"You look breathtaking moy rebenok " I saw mama entering my room and she complimented me like always. Today I had a farewell party, after my graduation and unlike most other mafia families, my family allowed me to go to a university. I always wanted to become a lawyer, kind of ironic since I am a bratva princess. That's what everyone calls me but yeah I was pretty sure what I wanted to do.

All thanks to papa who always supported me, he allowed me to go to a school rather than homeschooling and then to a university too so I could get my degree. My life has been slightly different from usual mafia princesses since I have one thing I love the most which is freedom.

"Thanks, mama " I peeked at her face which as usual was smiling at me. She urged me to hire a makeup artist for today but I wanted to do my own makeup so I didn't. "I am so happy Yulia that you graduated with flying colours, I am so proud of you "This was the fifth time she said this to me since my graduation ceremony which was yesterday.

I smiled at her. I was looking at the drawers thinking about which perfume I should wear when mom handed me a bottle. "Midnight roses that will suit you the best " She offered. "Oh, mama you know me so well " I took the bottle spraying a little on my neck and wrists.

"Yuliana, I am assigning two more guards with you Akim and Ilya " I turned at Papa who smiled like he hadn't said that just now. He was smiling but his face was still stern. His gaze was saying no arguments on this. All my life, I had guards around me and now it doesn't bother me that much. I already have three guards and now two more, it will make me more evident, which I detest.

"Papa, I already have three " he gave me a stern look then I saw the same emotion in his eyes, worry. Every time I want to throw a tantrum, I remember why he is always so attentive so once again I decided to drop the topic.

"Come here " I instantly tugged into his arms hugging him tightly. I know something is going on. I see my brothers in the house rarely so there is a situation happening but I know Papa won't tell me, he says they must protect us.

" Did you wear the pendant? "he asked making me grasp the pendant, showing him. " I never remove it" he smiled nodding at me.

"Don't go too far from the guards and Alexei will be always beside you " I nodded answering yes to him. I strolled back taking my heels as it was my time to go. I turned to Mama hugging her again, I am sure she also didn't have an idea about what was happening but still, she smiled at me mouthing a bye.

"Bye papa, I will be back soon " Papa smiled gesturing me to go. As I came out of the room, Alexei was there standing in his usual position. He glanced at me smiling then turning his gaze away. Okay, I knew he wouldn't compliment me, that's not in his nature. Alexei looked at Dad and their eye contact had something that I couldn't exactly pinpoint but this was more serious than I thought.

I sighed walking down the stairs. I wanna enjoy this night after this, I would take a small break to decide further. This night is for my freedom, I smiled at my thoughts. Busy in my thinking, I glanced at my brothers entering the foyer.

"Yes, I think Cosa Nostra mig- " he stopped in his tracks looking at me. I looked at Kiril and then at Leonid who smiled at me totally dismissing their conversation. "Yulia you look gorgeous" I politely smiled at him saying thanks I didn't want to ask about anything now but I was definitely asking them after I return home.

"Yuliana, congratulations on your graduation. I am sorry, I couldn't come to the ceremony" I turned to Uncle Vladimir's voice. I didn't know he was here, I thanked him too. Uncle Vladimir is my father's right-hand man and the only one he trusts other than the family. They have been inseparable so I always had a good bond with him.  His wife Aunt Rina was my ballet teacher when I was in high school. I went to her dance school and they are like family to us.

After greeting Uncle Vladimir, I left the house and sat in the SUV. My heart was beating so loudly, I don't know but my sixth sense said something wasn't right. Alexei sat next to me and we went to the club my classmates decided. As we reached the place, I shrugged my shoulders omitting the unsettling feeling in my heart and enjoying the night. I took a deep breath. Alexei looked at me raising an eye. "Is something wrong?" I shook my head.

"This is Ilya and Akim from now on they will be with you every time we are out " Alexei gestured towards the two new faces who nodded as I looked at them. Okay, so this will be permanent now. I nodded since I didn't want to be a rude bitch.

I entered the club and familiar faces came into view. I haven't told anyone about my family, not that I am ashamed of them, it can be dangerous for me. I get it, people get anxious around me, they give me this typical stare because no one normally hangs with three guards now five around them all the time. Ignoring the useless people, I went towards the bar " One beer please" I am no fool to get drunk here but still needed something to get off my mind.

"Babe you are here " a hand curved against my shoulders. Well, the only person who doesn't bother me here, is her Larissa Pavlova my best friend. I hugged her back and ordered the same for her.

"Something happened " like always she guessed something was wrong. I shrugged saying nothing. Larissa dragged me to the dance floor but that didn't stop Alexei from following me.

"Hottie you can dance with me"Noww I know she was drunk. Larissa has told me about her little crush on my bodyguard but she never openly said that to him. I turned my gaze to Alexei and I swear there was a gleam in his eyes but he was quick to get back so this isn't one-sided. I stopped Larissa from saying anything further because she would murder me tomorrow.

We sat on the couches and at that time I wasn't interested in the party anymore. I was listening to Larissa's blabbering while Alexei was pissed about something which of course I didn't know.  He was saying something about danger in Russian and before I could process it.

"We need to leave," he said out of nowhere. Before I could argue, I heard a gunshot and that's my call to take action. "I can't go without her " I gestured at Larissa. Alexei was quick to answer. " She is safe I will ask Ivan to take her home safely you just get out of here with me "I didn't want to defy him but he understood my look.

"Blyad (fuck) Not now Yuliana" Alexei called Ivan and within seconds he was there.  Alexei has lost his very rare shit, he was calm in most difficult situations but there must be something really bad.

I went out but now the shooting was intense Alexei was in front of me while others around me shielding me. "I need to be here go out "Without a second thought I did the same. As I came out of the club, bullets fired around. My head turned around when Eric dropped on the floor then the other two and I was standing with only Akim around me he was also shot in the leg. "Hey come, I can drive," I said looking he couldn't drive us back but he shook his head. "They will be after us you go I am here "I didn't want to but I nodded. Why the hell didn't I  bring my gun with me?

I ran towards the car but I guessed this much there were more this was a planned attack. A man came to punch me, I nudged my head into his face and kicked him in the balls. I quickly picked up a gun from a dead body. Before they could get a chance, I shot two of them still there are more. I ran behind the car but something was pressed against my nose and fuck this. I lost consciousness before I could attack. My vision was blurring when I heard someone laughing "She is a beauty she will be a good shlyukha (whore).

☴ ☵ ☶ ☷☴ ☵ ☶ ☷☴ ☵ ☶ ☷☴ ☵ ☶ ☷☶☷

Hey my lovelies so what are your  thoughts on yuliana and who is after the attack? Will she be able to survive it? Don't forget to vote and comment your views on her.

Love you❤