36 Wizards - Bella's POV

This is just me manifesting what I want to do in my sixties 😂

🍁🍂

On my way home, I decided to stop by the Bailey's - to gain some advice from my sage mate. A sea of cars are parked outside the wondrously lit-up entrance. I assume it's Alfie's friends, who are here for the games, but the loud music, flashing lights and spooky balloons tell me something else is taking place. It's not Halloween yet, though. I gaze at all the random decorations arranged on the front side.

It's definitely not Christmas yet or Mr Hollingworth's 30th birthday today, either. Nor do I know anyone turning 10 years old unless they celebrate Oliver's mental age. The big Easter bunny-shaped balloon hanging from the balcony seems out of place, too. It's like someone took the first four boxes from the attic and used whatever was in them to decorate.

The door swings open before I ring the doorbell, a man looking out. It takes me a few moments to recognise him as Harry. What I reckoned was the characteristic mischievous grin on his face. The ginger wig and shabby suit confused me.

Before I speak up, I scan his whole unusual appearance. The brown-striped suit and orange tie are not his usual style, and the shirt with an unsightly pattern underneath is even less so. On his arm, he has a baby in a Santa costume. Michael often wears black clothes, but never have I seen him in a black dress with a bed sheet-looking cape and a black wig.

"I need to talk.''

''You came to the right man!'' Harry exclaims merrily, gesturing me inside. ''I'm always up for a good chat!''

''What's going on tonight?'' I spin around on my right heel to get a 360 view of the foyer, almost tripping in the process. There's an inflatable spider - like the ones you float on in the pool, hanging on the chandelier. In the background, the Harry Potter soundtrack plays. ''...Where did you get the baby?''

''This is George's newest grandbaby, Harriet, and we are currently on a mission to find her grandad and my mates as we play hide-and-seek tonight,'' he gushes.

''Really? And you didn't invite me?'' I gasp. "Traitor!"

''I thought you'd rather bake vampire cookies than play hide-and-seek with the silly old boys.''

''No, I'd rather play hide-and-seek with a Harry Potter theme than anything!'' I chirp. "Why the Santa costume and random decorations? It makes no sense.''

''Because it was a spontaneous idea, we didn't have any other baby costumes or a particular supply of Harry Potter gear,'' he explains. ''Guess who I am dressed as now!''

''A Weasley twin,'' I quickly and confidently reply.

''I'm Fred. Guess who her grandad is tonight!''

''George Weasley."

"It's proper brilliant, innit?'' he chortles on his way up the stairs and beckons us to come along.

''Yeah, but not that brilliant or unique." I let my gaze wander as I skip through the randomly and sparingly decorated hallway with them. The ceiling lamps have been switched off, and it's vaguely lit by upside-down light strings along the walls and assorted festive lamps in the corners and on furniture.

''What did you want to talk about?'' Harry prompts as he opens the cabinet, holding various old ornaments, in the hallway - as if his friends were small enough to fit in it and wouldn't show behind the glass doors.

''So Debbie kicked me out for this really pretty young woman,'' I sigh dramatically. ''And now I want to watch TVD with her without Debbie,'' I continue, in a mumble.

''Just ask the next time you see her," Michael says blithely.

''Yeah, it's simple as that.''

"Ask her about her new tattoo Debs is giving her tonight," Michael adds.

I expected a better, more elaborate answer, but whatever. These two have probably grown too old to know anything about girls. Also, the thoughts of Leo are too intrusive for a deeper discussion about this now.

I skip ahead of them toward the locked grand door leading to the gallery of portraits, contemplating how I should bring up Leo in the best way. ''The other thing," I start and spin around to watch their upcoming reactions. "...Is that Leo is back and moving in with a secret woman from here that he's fallen in love with.''

''What?!'' Harry exclaims, and both of them halts. Michael appears very neutral compared to Harry, gawking like a fool. ''Since when? How do you know?''

''He came to pick up some of his old stuff when I was about to leave after baking with Debbie. Apparently, he had been to Holling, too, and he had not been happy to see him.''

''Oh, my god...'' Harry drawls. ''Secret woman?''

''He refused to tell us because he and she want to avoid drama. He said she's older and doesn't want to move away with him since she grew up here and loves her job here,'' I inform.

''It's Ms Bell. It must be her," Harry says, assured. "She's been crushing on the lads and Sebastian."

''No. Her preference is older, not younger," Michael says.

''Maybe it's one of your housekeepers he met when he worked in your basement,'' I suggest, primarily as a joke - I don't believe it myself.

''That's not a totally stupid theory,'' Harry notes. "Either way, I think we need to have a little emergency meeting about that. Tomorrow - tonight's for hide-and-seek.''

''Okay, can I go hide now?'' I bounce before them, smirking impishly.

''Yes, but don't tell anyone about Leo being back, okay? Not even your friends. It's important to keep it a secret.''

''Yes, it's a secret between us three," I whisper and spin around to sprint...

Not a second later, my face throbs, and I sprawl on the floor in front of the monstrous door.

Fake Professor Snape makes a bad representation of the real one as he laughs more than I've ever seen him do. "That's what the universe does to you when you lie."

"Oh, fuck that witch!" I wail. "You're the worst Professor Snape actor ever!"

"You gotta learn to keep your mouth shut," he snickers above me, looking down at me instead of helping me up like a decent man would.

''I'm gonna hide so exceedingly well that neither of you will find me!'' I snarl and scramble off the floor since these bastards are so ungentlemanly tonight.

''Challenge accepted,'' they intone together, undaunted.