90 My Brat - Sophia's POV

I stayed on my best behaviour for the rest of the school day. I didn't have much of a choice, really. My mates made the long hours not dreadful, and I got apple pie for lunch, so I didn't go through the worst of hells, even though I wanted to throw every chair I sat on across the classrooms. I followed Oliver home after school and sprawled in a bean bag for a few hours, whilst Sebastian languished at school, together with piles of unmarked tests.

Finally, I have landed in my own lovely bed, and my school uniform is now sagging on the chair while my body is enveloped in a cosy hoodie - a much too big hoodie that could just as well be a dress or a sleeping bag. I can curl up into a ball and hide my whole body in it. I can be completely naked underneath it without anyone knowing, as well as wear several layers of clothes without anything bulging out. It's the most comfortable garment I own.

Despite the painful start of the day and the after-effects of it, I'm pretty pleased at the minute. The sulkiness and dissatisfaction have subsided, leaving space for the contentment I talked about on New Year's.

''I imagine you can't wait to get padded up after that slippering..."

I wince at Sebastian's voice, absorbed in my own head, with my gaze stuck to the ceiling. I peer at him behind my hood as he comes to the bed and looks down at me. A benefit of this hoodie is that the hood is big enough to cover my very prone-to-blushing face.

''...Get that hood off so I can see your pretty face."

I wrench to my left when he reaches down for it, which makes it easy for him to pluck it off my head. I did not do it on purpose, though! I promise you that!

When the hood is off, and my hot face is free for the world to see, he grasps my chin gently, tilting my face back up to look at him again. ''You know, it would be more challenging for me to get it off if you kept lying back on it, but I understand why you would want to show me your blushy cheeks,'' he teases.

I whine, ''Why do you always have to be such a bully?''

''Because you're a brat, and you need to be reminded of who and what you are so you don't get high on confidence and become uncontrollable."

''I'm never this mean to you or mock you,'' I murmur roguishly.

''That is it. Your bratty brain lacks self-awareness and needs reminders–"

A sudden boost of energy strikes me, and I blurt, ''You lack a brain!" and wrench my face away from him.

He chuckles wickedly and seizes my chin to retrieve eye contact. ''I thought you wanted to be padded, but maybe I was wrong, and you want to be spanked instead."

More than anything, I wish I could burrow in my hood again, as I feel a flaming blush rising on my cheeks. I'm almost sure he wouldn't spank me now, considering how sore I am after the slippering at school. Not being 100% sure makes the rational part of me unwilling to risk it. So, with a little huff, I cooperate and let him do what he came here for... And I'm not entirely unhappy with it.

''After all, you are just a brat in a diaper,'' he remarks, making me very bashful with his gaze.

''After all, you are just a–'' I bite my tongue, his eyes becoming colder. An evil creature, a stickler, an attention-whore, a bitch, a frigid perv, a nerdy puzzler, a bookworm, tall as a tree, annoying as hell. ''...A man,'' I conclude in a whisper.

''That's right. Your man–''

''A woman doesn't need a man in this time of age,'' I chime in.

''No, not a woman, but a brat like you needs a man."

''You need someone like me, or your life would be depressing, and you would go insane from boredom and despair,'' I riposte.

''Yes, I don't deny that.'' He leans down to pick me up from the bed, kissing my head as I cling to him. ''You are my brat, Soph.''