56 There's A Punishment Brewing - Sophia's POV

When the doorbell rings, I press myself up from the sofa to check who it is. I've slumped in between Jasper and Oliver on my sofa for a couple of hours. They came by to watch a new TV show with me tonight. And since Oliver is here, surely his boyfriend came along, too. Those lovebirds are not to be separated, especially not on a Friday night.

Sebastian came home a while ago together with Debbie, and since then, they've been in his library, discussing 'important matters'. I didn't get more details than that, but it's not difficult to guess what the matter is about. Bella got herself stuck in a very thorny situation that we can't help her out of. My sympathy for her isn't great, and neither is the boys'.

We don't hate her or anything like that. We are a little bitter with her and tired of her antics that she took way too far, and just think she needs to deal with her own shit. Hopefully, she will learn something from it.

Yesterday, she had snuck into Bailey's residence to plant Debbie's stolen keys in Oliver's room. Too bad for her, but fortunately for us, she was caught. She threw quite a scene that lured the grandads out of their nest. She was told off and rowed with the seniors until her screams woke Harry, who slept after a night shift. He came down dressed in pyjamas and a bathrobe and snapped at her, leaving her speechless. Because in her mind, he is her cool bestie, who can't be a sourpuss and rebuke her.

I wish that I had witnessed that spectacle. I'd probably cringe out of second-hand embarrassment. But it would be hilariously entertaining to see her squabble with the grandads and be put in her place by someone who's like a friendly, overgrown child with remarkable patience...

It's the drama's main character who rang on the door. She hurdles inside before we exchange a simple hello.

''I was kicked out by Ms Bell, so I need a new hiding spot!'' Bella squeaks. I scan her questioningly, her appearance is all frantic. ''I'm not letting anyone kill, beat or punish me for a silly prank!''

''Yeah, this is not a good hiding–''

Sebastian and Debbie have appeared in the hall, and Bella's frantic face goes red, and the shrieks have been replaced with awkward silence.

''How convenient, Bella,'' Sebastian says darkly.

I expect Bella to spin around on her heels and flee from us. That might be her intention, but with her recent bad luck, she is caught in Debbie's claws before she can escape.

I shuffle after them, splitting up with them in the hallway outside the living room. Bella found her voice on the way, and her squawky protests are nearly deafening our TV show.

''Well, this is awkward,'' I breathe out, plopping down on the sofa.

''Yeah, let's go for a smoke,'' Oliver prompts and pushes himself up to stand, turning to help Wesley up.

''We will have to smoke a whole pack before they are done,'' Jasper chuckles.