17 Listen to your boyfriends - Oliver & Sophia's POV

Oliver's POV

Sauntering into the living room with Wesley by my side and Debbie tailing us, I meet Bella and Dad. Dad appears somewhat concerned, which isn't a common look on him. In contrast, Bella looks like a silly vampire tonight, too. I assume she was the one to occupy Dad and nearly get us thrashed in Corbyn's garden.

''Do you have Michael with you?'' Dad speaks up.

''No, he's watching TV with Sebastian,'' Debbie replies, frowning at Bella in the beanbag. ''So you finally dared come out.''

''I'm clever, not a coward,'' Bella sasses. ''You aren't very clever since you couldn't find me.''

Seeing Bella backchat is profoundly entertaining and nerve-wracking at the same time. She's become good at it, but I don't know if she's so good that she understands when to draw the line and handle the possible consequences.

''I forgot my wallet at your place, Bella, so I need to fetch it before I go home,'' Debbie says. ''I need you to come along and unlock the door since your parents aren't home yet.''

The forgotten wallet is a total lie, and her sinister tone is noticeable, but it doesn't seem as clear to Bella because she readily tells us goodbye and walks out with Debbie. How can she be so gormless and calculated at once?

I plop myself down on the beanbag Bella sat in, hauling Wesley down with me. ''What's concerning you, Father Bailey?''

''I believe Bella might be in bigger trouble than she understands,'' Dad broods.

''Oh, for sure,'' I breathe out. ''It's time for her to get some backlash, though.''

''Yes. That's fair. How did it go for Ladybug?''

''Holling was like an angry wasp at school after he realised they left and slipped one or two hostile things about Bella during lunch,'' I tell him. ''I don't think he's angry with Ladybug.''

''Right. Did you know Bella has gotten her hands on Debbie's old diaries?''

My jaw drops, and a myriad of worries pop up in my head. Like, if she loses a diary, which wouldn't surprise me. ''No–"

"Text Debbie about it so she can get hers back before Bella misplaces them,'' Wesley prompts. ''Or will they write about it in the newspaper tomorrow?''

''You have to stop making Debbie sound like an aggressive psycho! She's genuinely kind-hearted and wouldn't really hurt anyone,'' Dad asserts defensively.

''She's an exceptionally gentle and rational woman,'' I roll my eyes. ''However, I think Bella needs to be pulled back into the real world and quit the bad kid manners.''

''Yeah, are you bitter with her for dragging Ladybug into this?''

''Yes, very much so,'' I grumble. ''Anyway, Jasper will be here shortly, so can you send him
to my living room, where we will be tasting the whisky Wes brought?"

"Sure, but don't drink too much. You have to wake up early for school in the morning."

--

Sophia's POV

Sebastian and I are on our own again, and my bedtime is here. A small energy boost hit me right before we nestled in bed, and in this case, it meant clambering him like a tree on a whim - I smirk down at Sebastian, straddling him.

''I never thought I'd say this, but you should listen to your boyfriends more,'' he tells me.

''Yes, I've encouraged you to do that tons of times. The boys, especially Ollie and Jasper, are geniuses,'' I claim.

''That's a stretch, but they might have a few more brain cells than Bella.''

''That is sooo offensive!'' I playfully slap him across the face.

He seizes my hand, ''Be careful, little Soph. Don't think you are in power just because you're on top now.''

''You look quite pathetic down there, head sinking in my 20-year-old ugly Hello Kitty cushion,'' I tease.

He chuckles, surveying my face, ''You look pathetic and lost in your current position.''

I purse my lips, thinking about a suitable comeback. ''...You wish Debbie sat on you now,'' I blurt.

He chuckles, ''No, but I'm not going to lie; she is a good-looking woman."

I gasp at his confession, laughing. ''Your type in people, or types, is weird. You said you'd sleep with Ollie and his dad, and you find my young, fairly petite body attractive, but also that plump grey-haired mother.''

''My type is women with character and dapper men," he notes. ''But with that said, I'm not interested in her that way."

''Dastardly Debs has the kind of personality that rouses the urge to bite and tease the person,'' I admit. ''Do you know what I mean?''

''That's your type.''

''No, you're my type because you're a man..." I clarify, and he smiles pleasedly at my words. "I think we have the same type in men,'' I giggle. ''Queer dapper men.''

''Queer dapper men and unorthodox women,'' he remarks.

''Yeah, but no women for me.''

''No, stick to your boyfriends and don't fall for Bella,'' he says wittily.

''It's time to sleep when you start trying to be funny,'' I sass a little.