80 Up To No Good M/M - Zander's POV

Don't forget to vote on the chapters you enjoyed!

❄️ ❄️

I wake up around noon after coming home at 4 am after a night of roguery. Last night, I was incredibly satisfied with the outcome, though Alexander appeared to experience the opposite when I finally got in bed, and he promised me a talk later. I still feel incredibly satisfied with it as shuffle to the living room, where I recline on the sofa with my late breakfast. I look at Alexander and motion him to come sit, but he's stuck gawking at my finds from last night.

He points at the two carriers bags of baubles and ornaments on the sofa and the tree across the table. ''Where did you get this from?''

''The tree comes from nature, and the baubles come from my collection,'' I reply. It's technically not a lie - the tree is real, not plastic, and I did collect all the ornaments.

''Did you buy this yesterday?'' he asks doubtfully.

''No, I had no money, so I took a shopping trip around some neighbourhoods last night,'' I grin devilishly.

''Did you ask for it, or did you steal it?''

''Obviously, I stole it. I took one ornament from each house that had decorations in their garden,'' I boast.

''Oh, my god,'' he sighs uneasily. ''Why would you do that?''

''Because I had no money, and I was bored, and Dad wouldn't let me set Mum's hideous tree on fire or nick a bauble from the shops,'' I explain. ''Mostly because I was bored out of my mind."

''What if you get caught? What if someone saw you?''

''Most people won't notice if one of plenty of similar ornaments has disappeared, and I was cautious as the expert I am. Nobody was around, and it was pitch black outside,'' I assure him. ''And I was properly dressed for it.''

''You took the challenge of stealing an apple from the houses you passed on your way home from primary school to the next level,'' he muses.

''I loved that challenge!'' I exclaim.

''But this isn't okay, Zander. We should...'' he pauses.

''I'm not returning it and making myself known,'' I declare. ''I don't even remember which houses I took which baubles from.''

''Imagine how devastated the children in that family will be when they see their Christmas tree is gone."

''That's not my problem. They should've brought it inside if they wanted to keep it safe."

''Imagine yourself waking up and realising your Christmas tree is gone. How would you feel?''

''Angry and vengeful,'' I glare at him. ''Are you a nerdy librarian or a psych?''

''A librarian who's fascinated by psychology,'' he articulates. ''Wouldn't you feel sad? As a child?''

''No, I don't really get sad,'' I say, trying to think back on a time when I did experience sadness.

''Did you feel sad after your breakup with Leo? Breakups can be emotional.''

''No, I had you, and you are much better than him,'' I remark, and he is noticeably flattered despite the unnecessary worried state.

''What about when your Mum moved abroad?''

''I wasn't sad, but I was a bit concerned because they have insects and snakes and shit in Australia that can kill you with one bite.''