112 Late Night Trouble M/F - Sophia's POV

Not a word about the Ms Bell incident from Sebastian today, either. Maybe she just had a bad day and changed her mind about telling him. Nonetheless, like Oliver said: we are happy as long as we aren't bent over a desk getting caned.

Sebastian just came back after refilling our drinks, and I'm happily wallowing with him on the sofa. "Can you do something for me?" I murmur.

Two people who aren't happy are Alexander and Zander. Zander was absent from all classes today, and I later learned it had to do with some serious meeting with his dad and Alfie. Alexander stopped by on his way home from work, but Sebastian didn't invite him in. He thinks Alexander is immature, and he's not interested in having immature mates. Alexander tried to wheedle and argue himself to come inside in vain, which was a bit funny to witness.

"I do everything for you," he says joshingly. "I even–"

"Seriously!" I exclaim and press myself up, planting my palms on his chest.

He chuckles annoyingly. "What may I do for you, little Soph?"

I look down at him with a frown, not liking his arch attitude. "Promise me you won't get mad."

His expression becomes more serious but not much. The smirk stays subtle, and his eyes still twinkle with amusement. "Have you done something?"

"When I was 14–"

"You can't get in trouble for something you did when you were 14," he cuts in, the seriousness vanishing. "We weren't even in contact with each other then."

"Listen!" I thump his chest lightly with my right hand.

He immediately claps my wrist and gives it a squeeze. His disapproving gaze finds mine, locking eyes with me. ''Be careful, little Soph, or you might get in trouble for something tonight.''

I feel myself stiffen and blush a little, and how the boldness veers to sheepishness, yet his warning kindles a notion to rebel and explore that trouble. "Well... when I was 14, I got Ollie in trouble,'' I continue, ''Basically, he covered for me because I had enough shit to deal with at home. And now, I want to pay him back for that generous gesture, so the next time we get in trouble at school, I want you to pardon him and punish me doubly, instead."

He cocks an eyebrow. "Does he want you to do that?"

"No, not at all, but I think it's fair, and I want to do it for him.''

"Did he get detention or what?"

"No, Harry got pissed off when he came home from work, and the bathroom looked like a crime scene," I fill in. "I wanted to dye my hair red, so Ollie dyed it for me at his place. I dyed his hair, too, but it's so dark that it barely showed. Then, before I walked home, he gave me a pack of cigs he had nicked from his dad. Anyway, Ollie said it was all on him and that I wasn't involved."

"Is that another concerning childhood story Ollie will casually spout about at morning break?"

"Maybe, he was forced to scrub the bathroom clean of all red stains, and it's really difficult to remove hair colour–" My attempt to share Oliver's suffering is deafened by the gloating laugh Sebastian unleashes. "It's not funny!" I scold, fighting the urge to slap him across the face—playfully, of course. "I felt so sorry for him, I almost cried!''

"I've said it before: I will never hand out any free passes again," he declares. "He doesn't even want you to."

"My best friend scrubbed a bathroom for me, and because of that, he missed a gaming night with the lads!'' I insist pleadingly.

"But he let you dye your hair at his place, and he gave you that pack.''

"Yes, but it was my idea to dye my hair, and then he just went along for a lark. I had no cigs available, and he felt sorry for me since he had found his dad's stash, so he gave me one pack. That's why he didn't get to go gaming that weekend because two packs were missing and Ollie could merely return half a pack," I tell him while he chuckles wickedly. "Do you understand how much Ollie suffered that weekend?!"