57 Cruel M/F - Bella's POV

''...Do you wish to continue partaking in school and other activities with your friends?'' Mr Hollingworth asks me dourly, scowling at me from across the desk.

With my silly vampire grimace plastered on my face since this cheerless meeting began, I nod vigorously.

''Then you must show accountability, take your punishment and follow through with your new disciplinary plan. If you want to stay in school, you must abide by the rules regardless if you dislike them or find them boring and silly."

I sigh, tipping back in my chair. ''The prank took place outside school, and we aren't at school now. Also, Debbie is just a witch who came here before the summer, claiming to be a dear old friend and Zander's mum. She must be an awful person to be used as a punishment as this paper basically says she's becoming my new mum!" I tip forward to grasp the stupid paper they gave me, a bunch of rules and boring stuff written on it, waving it angrily as I tilt back. "...I have a mum, and she's lovely. It doesn't make sense that Debbie should have any authority over me. And I'm like a sweet but cheeky child who can't handle much and she's too much for anyone to handle, to be frank."

''It's a disciplinary measure, which will get you back on track and stay good."

"Then, Lucy might be involved, too," Debbie adds. "She is, understandably, not too happy with you at the minute."

''I don't need a keeper!" I yap, tipping forward again to thump the desk. "I'm an adult! A grown, proper woman!"

''Are you going to be an adult or a big child?'' Debbie snaps. "Make your mind up!"

''Well,'' I chew on my lower lip. ''...Which will get me the least consequences?''

''Neither.''

''Can you just give me a second chance then?'' I moan beggingly. "Pleaseeee?"

They both scoff. ''You have gotten more chances than you should have, Bella,'' Mr Hollingworth snarls.

''I think you're both cruel. I don't need someone, especially not a witch!'' I dart an angry eye at Debbie, sitting in the armchair by the closed curtains. ''...To watch my every step and go mental when I lark around. And, it's Friday night, and Friday nights are for relaxation and enjoyment, not canings. Why am I even getting caned? That's what the lads get when they've been on their worst behaviour. As I said before, you should spare the lovely lasses the rod,'' I argue with them, but they just look at me as if I was stupid.

''You're not a lovely lass! You're a spoiled fucking child!'' Debbie scolds.

''At least I'm not a foul-mouthed witch!" I huff, sending her another glare before I turn to Mr Hollingworth again - frowny as ever. "I strongly believe the caning is a bad idea and unduly harsh, and I don't trust her with a cane. She doesn't even have her glasses, sir!''

''She won't be the one to cane you."

His face is as grim as before, and Debbie moves to the armchair. They exchange some words, that I don't process, with Debbie as if I wasn't in the room with them. My protesting restarts when I see him picking up the cane, and my tone might be somewhat feebler than before, but not less vehement.

''You're going to lose your voice if you keep straining it like that,'' Debbie stresses.

''No one has missed that it was just a silly prank in your mind and that you detest this,'' Mr Hollingworth adds coldly. ''The sooner we get it over with, the better.''

''Yet you do it to me! Not nice or fair!'' I whine. ''I'm in unbearable pain,'' I try to trick him now. I know he is a bit more sympathetic than the witch, and I am actually in more pain now. I don't need more. In spite of that, he doesn't believe me.

''You will receive six strokes, and that's final. Crack on, Bella,'' he enunciates and points at the desk, indicating for me to lean over it. "If you haven't bent over by 3, I will add–"

I groan theatrically and bitterly and stomp toward the desk. By 3, I graze the desk with my elbows. "You're so cruel, boring and stupid, to be frank. You're not very pretty, either, sir."

"Stay down, or you might hurt yourself in the wrong way.''

He taps the cane on my seat twice before drawing it back... In a wink, it snaps on me. I shut my eyes and squeeze my fists to somehow cope with the new type of pain.

"One," he notes, and then repeats the painful action...

My squawky protests are replaced with yelps and whimpers rather than pronounced words. I anticipate when the next thwack will come, yet I flinch at each crack. My leggings do a worthless job of shielding me as each stroke feels like it bites into my tender backside.

By the 5th stroke, my eyes slightly burn with the threat of tears. I could probably start crying now due to the piercing pain, but I don't. I've never been a weeper and rarely shed tears. The last time I cried was when The Vampire Diaries ended. Or maybe when Debbie killed my cock. I mourned that night, at least.

My knees weaken, and my legs quiver as the pain flares in me. Callously, he just taps the cane on my thighs, prodding me to straighten up to receive the 6th and last on my upper thighs...

''That's it.''

I have one thing to say: The cane is satan itself...

🍁

There are outtakes from
this chapter & an extra chapter between this and the next chapter on Ream if you want to read it.