F I F T Y - T H R E E

Start from the beginning

I get out of the pool and take his shirt off, hanging it to dry. I quickly get back into the pool and swim to João.

"You're staring," I smirk.

"Just wondering how'd I get so lucky," he kisses my cheek.

"Sof, your post on Instagram, so cute, I'm so single," she laughs.

"You posted me again ?" João asks getting out of the pool.

"Yeah," I laugh, "Alex Turner enthusiast, go on my phone and accept the follow request."

"How'd you land on that username ?" He asks unlocking my phone.

"It's the Arctic Monkeys obsession," Cooper said, "Frankie is Jamie, I'm Nick, and Nessa is Matt."

"Those are actually your names for your spams ?" João asks.

"Yes," we giggle.

"What's this ?" He asks, "save a horse ride a cowboy."

"João stop looking through my pictures," I laugh.

"What cowboy are you riding, huh," he raises a brow.

"Oh my god," I groan covering my face.

"Leave her alone," Hugo said throwing a volleyball at João. "We playing waterpolo or what ?"

"Yeah," João says jumping in.

"No, we're playing mermaids," Eva says.

"We're playing waterpolo," Cooper says.

"Eva said we're playing mermaids so we're playing mermaids," Alana says glaring at everyone.

"Yes ma'am," João says tossing the ball somewhere.

"Your sisters scare me," Hugo whispers to me.

I laugh, "good."

We play mermaids for about an hour and then Gio and my dad arrive so the kids get out of the pool and we can play waterpolo for a few minutes. After we play for a bit, my dad tells us that the banquet is at 7:30 and he expects us there on time. We all groan and decide to get out. We all head down to our rooms to get dressed.

João goes to shower in his room that he was meant to share with Ruben, Cooper, Cris and Hugo go to the two rooms that belong to Cooper and Hugo, and Nessa and I get ready in my room. I pick out my dress while Nessa showers first. After she's done showering, I quickly go in to shower. After I'm done, I put on my robe to continue getting ready and later I'll put my dress on.

I'm currently taking a media break and I forgot one very important part of my plan... I haven't invited Hayes. I quickly pull my phone out and text him.

Hayes

Me: Heyyyyyy

Hayes: Hey !!
How are you ?
I'm sorry about yesterday.

Me: It's whatever.
Please don't put me through it again.

Hayes: You got it !
What's up ?

Me: I was wondering if you had any plans today
Well tonight

Hayes: No, I don't think so
Why ?
You up for a date ?

I roll my eyes as I read his messages, but collect myself and text back.

Hayes

Me: Haha something like that 🫣
There's this like banquet tonight
It's kinda focused on the fact that this year it's Argentina and Portugal in the final
So it's kinda like settling the goat debate, people say
Since it's Cristiano Ronaldo with Portugal and Lionel Messi with Argentina
Some believe it's the last time they'll play against each other and are calling it the last dance