F O U R T Y - S E V E N

Start from the beginning

"Your keys," my dad says holding his hand out.

"What ?" I ask confused.

"I'm sending your car back to Portugal," he says.

"What, no !!" I whine, "why do I have to be punished ?" I say.

"This isn't a punishment Sofia, I'm your father and I need to keep you safe," he says, "now hand over the keys."

I sigh and take my keys from my pocket kissing them and handing them back to him.

"The AirTag," Hugo says.

"What ?" I ask not catching on.

"Check his devices on find my," he elaborates.

I unlock the phone and click on the find my app. I click on devices and there it is. AirTag, location not found.

"Part of me wanted it to be in my head, there's no way the man I once loved could ever do this to me," I sigh, "but maybe he never loved me," I show them the screen.

"Please be careful around him," Hugo says.

"Finish it now, Matilde," my dad says and I nod. I quickly delete any trace that shows I was snooping and lock his phone.

"The game is starting," Cris says.

9:00PM   E N G L A N D   V S    F R A N C E

In the 17th minute, Tchouaméni scores a goal for France with an assist from Griezmann. "GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL," we cheer.

"Who are you going for ?" Cris asks me.

"I'm cheering every goal my friends score," I say.

We watch on as the first half is quite intense. England has a corner kick in the 49th minute and I'm watching closely as the players gather around in the box hoping to score a goal. French players are also in the box preparing to deflect. As I see Foden prepare to take the corner, the phone in my pocket starts ringing and I jump slightly from the sudden sound. I walk away taking the call as João eyes me from his place.

"Hello ?" I say into the phone.

"Hey, I'm at the game, where are you ?" He asks.

I step out into the area where they're selling the jerseys to find him easier. "I'm by the jerseys, the French ones."

"Hang tight, I see you," he says and I see him walking over to me. He finally makes his way over to me and I hand him his phone.

"Sorry about that," I play innocent.

"You're wearing his jersey," he says handing me my phone.

"What ?" I ask.

"You guys are nothing but you're wearing his jersey," he says.

"Relax, you and I are nothing too," I say. "Back when I met him, we got along great, and I made a stupid promise to him... I'm a woman of my word."

He sighs, "you and your dumb promises."

"They're not dumb promises," I say, "he was my friend and I was starting to like him, so I promised him I'd wear his jersey."

"He's not even playing, Sofia," he says annoyed.

I don't care, he's my boyfriend, I want to wear his jersey, I think to myself. Instead, I reply, "he played earlier, and I was caught up with you before the game, I didn't exactly have time to go switch it out because I'd be late to the game."

"You wouldn't have missed much," he argued.

"Tchouaméni scored," I say crossing my arms over my chest. "I don't know if you're aware, because clearly you never gave a fuck about me, but he's my friend, I'm so glad I didn't miss his goal to change into a suitable jersey for the game because my ex who didn't appreciate me is jealous."