T H I R T Y - N I N E

Start from the beginning

Unknown: Voldemort doesn't want you guys together

Me: Oh to hell with him
I need to practice to go back to my club in good form.
I'm not jeopardizing my future and my career because he's jealous of someone who threats me better than he ever did.
I'm sick of him.

Unknown: Sofia you said you'd listen.

Me: And I'm trying Magui
I'm trying just to help you, but just because he's a jobless loser doesn't mean I want to be one too.
He doesn't let me move on and be happy, he's not taking this away from me too.

Unknown: But he hasn't taken João from you, has he.
He's back to following you around like a lost puppy.
In fact, he looks a little more smitten with you.
You've told him, haven't you ?

Me: Not everything
Yet.
I won't lie to you.

Unknown: Sofia

Me: I'm done Magui, I'm done pushing him away because my psycho ex can't get it through that sick head of his that we were done long ago. He doesn't own me, he needs to leave me alone.
If I'm still playing his stupid game, it's gonna be on my terms, I'm not his puppet, he's mine.
I'm still following your instructions for the sake of helping YOU.

Unknown: I'm sorry.
I'm just on edge.

Me: And I get that
Just trust me okay.

Unknown: Okay.
Just make sure you're not seen with him.
I suppose I can't stop you from seeing him, but make sure ol voldy doesn't see you.

Me: You got it.

I shut my phone off and talk to Cancelo, Cris, Gonçalo Ruben Días, and Bernardo Silva for the rest of our break.

"What do you think Félix and your dad are talking about ?" Ruben asks me as I approach the group.

"Me," I shrug.

"You think ?" Gonçalo asks me.

"Why else would João be stealing glances at me ?" I ask.

"That boy stares at you even when you're not the topic of conversation," Bernardo says and the boys laugh.

"That is very true," Cancelo says.

Meanwhile

João's POV

"Have you talked to Sofia since last night ?" Cristiano asks me.

"Yeah, she's feeling much better now," he tell him.

"Good, good," he says but I notice he's kind of nervous.

"Are you okay ?" I ask him.

"No, truth is, I'm on edge," he sighs, "with Sofia's biological mother here, I'm afraid of what that'll do for Sofia."

"Do you plan on telling her ?" I ask.

"Yeah," he sighs, "I just don't know how because I'm afraid of her reaction, but I'd rather tell her than have Monica blind side my baby."

"I'm going out with her tonight," I say, "perhaps I could tell her," I propose.

"I think it's best if I tell her," he tells me and I nod.

"You're probably right," I say, "but I think the sooner she knows, the better," I say recalling how I was too late to talk to her the night of Portugal vs South Korea. "You never when someone will swoop in and steal such a simple opportunity from you."