Drunk

"Riya's Point of View"

"Can you tell me what you're up to?"

My voice trembled as I inquired.

He said to me, "Whatever you're not doing straight, I'm taking you to my room."

"No, Rachit, I don't want to go," I protested, seeking to escape his grasp.

He admonished me, saying, "Shut up. Arguing about everything isn't a good thing."

He carried me inside his room, wrapped in his arms, after opening the door to my room.

"Put me down, Rachit!" I shouted as I approached Rachit's room.

He sat me down on his bed and covered me with the duvet he'd placed on top of it.

I glared fiercely at him and hid beneath a duvet, silent.

He sat down on the couch in the room's corner. Attempting to open the bottle of rum on the table.

Although Rachit's room was warmer than mine, I was still shivering.

"Riya, you're still feeling cold?" He inquired after hearing my gnashing of teeth.

As I moved the cover away from my face and turned to face Rachit, I mumbled, "Yes."

Rachit approached me with a bottle of rum in his hand, saying, "I think you should drink some rum or you'll become sick from the cold."

I confessed uncomfortably, "I don't drink."

"Despite your extroverted personality, you don't drink?" He screamed, "I still can't believe that."

"What's the big deal?" My brows furrowed as I asked vehemently.

"I guess you were drinking," he remarked softly.

"No," I said, my teeth clenched.

He continued, handing me a glass of rum. "OK, drink a little rum as medicine; it'll help you get rid of your cold."

With reluctance, I took a swig of rum from my glass.

"Riya, since this is your first time drinking, take it slowly and set the glass on the table before retiring." Rachit said as he went out of the room.

He returned to the room after around 20 minutes.

He noticed me sitting on the bed, looking around the room with amazement.

What's the matter with you?

"Are you okay?" He questioned me, his stare fixed on me.

"I am absolutely fine, but what's wrong with you?" I replied in a gloomy tone.

"I assumed you'd gone asleep," Rachit said as he sat on the couch.

I mumbled, "I can't sleep."

"Why? So, what exactly is the issue now?

"With his chin resting on one hand, he inquired.

"Say nothing. You always chastise me." "Do you do not know how to talk to girls lovingly?" I chastised him angrily.

He realized I was under the influence of rum after noticing my changing demeanor.

But he muttered to me, "But I had only placed two sips of rum into the glass."

Where did the rum from the bottle go, Riya? Rachit asked me a question while holding an empty bottle in his palm.

All the booze went inside my gut, "I said." It's as though I'm disclosing some significant knowledge.

"But, why?

"Why did you swallow the entire bottle of rum when I gave you rum in a glass?" he raged.

"Please don't scream at me."

"Angry old mam You were making fun of me since I had never had a drink before. Look, I've finished the bottle."

"Now don't dare to confront me again," I said with a chuckle.

"Riya, are you insane?"

He felt upset and screamed fiercely.

I was simply attempting to prevent you from becoming hungover.

I burst out crying when I heard his booming voice.

My reaction took aback him. "Please don't cry," he added. "People in the surrounding rooms will wake up."

I started crying even more as soon as I heard him.

You chastise me all the time and become irritated with me. You never spoke to me with affection. I muttered, tears flowing down my cheek, "I hate you."

I am sorry, Riya. Please, he remarked as he got up from the couch and approached me.

"I sprained my foot because of you, and you also bit my lip, "I moaned, my lips exposed to his sight."

"You do not know how charmingly cute you are right now," he muttered as he held me in his arms.

"Don't call me cute!" I cried as I pressed my head against his chest.

"How should I answer then?" As he inquired, he had my hair tucked behind my ears.

"You say nothing, keep silent," I whispered as I sensed his proximity.

"That's all I've got to say about it. It'll suffice for the evening. "Now you go to sleep," he said as he massaged my back.

"I adore the fragrance coming from your body," I said, after inhaling his chest fragrance.

"What?" It took aback him when he heard my words come out of my mouth.

As I laid my palm on his chest, I said this. Whenever I inhale your scent, I'm intoxicated.

Riya, you're out of your mind right now, so get some sleep. As he stepped away from me, he stated, "I'm going to sleep here on the couch."

I begged, holding his wrist and pleading with him not to leave.

"Are you paying attention to what I'm saying, Riya?" His eyes widened in surprise as he inquired.

I continued, my gaze fixed on him. "I want to lie on your chest, just like I did on the bus."

He pleaded, "Please say nothing you'll regret when you wake up tomorrow, Riya," to jog my memory.

"All right, I'll sleep with you as long as you promise me now that you'll sleep gently," he added, looking me in the eye.

"No, I will not guarantee you anything," I said with a shake of my head.

Now it's your turn to lie down. As he slid to the bed's edge, he added, "I'm going to sleep now."

I grumbled, "No, I'll sleep with my head on your chest; otherwise, I won't sleep all night, and I won't let you sleep."

"All right, Riya," he replied as he rested my head on his shoulder, "just stop demanding and sleep quietly."

I buried my face in his chest with one hand on his chest.

"Thank you," I grumbled, a childish grin on my lips, "and now you sleep." After turning off the night lamp near my bedside, he began rubbing my hair.