Is it a mistake?

"Riya's point of view,"

"Riya, are you joking, or what?" He took aback when he heard me and asked.

Do you think I'm some old Bollywood movie actress rehearsing the most spoken dialogue in the 1960s movies?

"Do you seem to me in a joking mood?" I inquired, my gaze fixed on his.

"No, it's impossible." After hearing what I had to say, he expressed his disbelief.

"I'm telling you the truth, and if you don't believe me, look at my test results."

"When did this happen?" He inquired, raising his eyes, as I explained while holding the report of the hospital checkups in front of him.

"Maybe when we last met," I wasn't sure how far along I was in my pregnancy. He inspected my belly and inquired how far along I was in my pregnancy.

When I went to see the doctor 10 days ago, she told me I'd been pregnant for two months, or two and a half months, and I was so preoccupied with calculating the days of my pregnancy that Rachit, in front of me, had to wait two minutes. Oh no, I entirely forgot about it.

"Tell me how many months pregnant you are by completing addition and subtraction on your fingers." His voice is a mixture of irritation and tension at the same time.

I was still unsure if I was providing him with the correct information about two and a half months. After listening to me, he slammed his hand on the table in a rage.

"Rachit, are you not happy with this pregnancy?" When I saw his rage, it baffled me why he was so upset about this information.

Isn't it true that if you're intimate without protection, there's a risk of pregnancy? Wao is so naïve. I don't think Rachit is that naïve.

"Is this child only the result of my carelessness? That's why you're so angry?" I yelled my question.

"Stop shouting and try to murmur; if someone in the office hears you, you'll know how serious the matter is," he said, practically closing my mouth with his palms.

"Oh, now there will be an issue if someone in the office finds out about this; didn't you say in Shimla that you didn't want to hide our relationship from the public, but you shouted about us to everyone? You wanted to spread the word about us. Your professional image has suddenly become a source of concern for you." One of his assertions compelled me to give him a lengthy speech. But the surprising part is that, despite my lengthy speech, he had no response.

"Than, time.. it was another matter,... Riya, then I..,"

"Then you... what?" When I listen to his remarks, I have the impression that he is playing a fill-in-the-blanks game with me; nowadays, he leaves without finishing his sentences, and instead of concentrating on other tasks, I am preoccupied with finishing his incomplete statements.

"Nothing. There's no use in talking about it now that I'm engaged to Shilpi." With a deep breath, he said.

"Do this child have no meaning for you? You have only been engaged, and there is no business agreement that you have signed." I was not expecting him to act in this manner. However, everything in my life these days is going against my expectations, so I can't blame Rachit for that.

"Please don't irritate me like this, Riya. I accept my mistake." When I saw him, he was merely standing with me for the sake of performing this formality.

"Is this a mistake? Do you think this kid is a mistake?" His statements took aback me.

"Riya, I'm not saying this; I'm just suggesting that you shouldn't make a scene at the office; even if this thing accidentally comes into Shilpi's ears, you do not know how sensitive she is." Wow, my child's father is so worried about his fiancee that he's standing in front of me pleading with his own child's mother.

"So, if everyone will know tomorrow, why not today?" I inquired, my gaze falling on his.

"What exactly do you mean?" With a puzzled expression on his face, he stared at me.

"Rachit, if everyone will come to know this today or tomorrow, why don't we go out and tell them ourselves? After all, how many days will I be able to hide my tummy from the public's gaze?" It drew his gaze to my belly.

I don't know what he was thinking when he fixed his gaze on my tummy. I was eagerly expecting his response. He took a deep breath in and out after keeping silent for a while.

"It is time for us to see a doctor and get this issue under control before we come back."

"What are you talking about?" I never imagined Rachit's mentality could be so evil that he would kill an innocent child before entering this world to save his image.

"No matter what. I will never get an abortion." It feared me with the thought that Rachit, who was standing in front of me, would suddenly swoop down and harm my unborn child.

"How can you do this to your child?" By laying my hand on my belly, I attempted to move away from Rachit.

"Riya, please try to understand what I'm saying; now is not the time to be emotional, but to think logically." He responded by moving closer to me.

"Our marriage is also a solution to this;" I tried to capture the expression on his face, but his expressions resembled corrupted computer files, which I couldn't read.

"Marriage?" When he heard the words, he responded as if I had just spoken in a foreign language that he didn't comprehend.

"Yes, marriage." Perhaps there was an issue with his hearing me, so I said it again.

"Have you gone insane?" He screamed angrily, but perhaps he was so concerned about his professional image, he clenched his hand to keep his rage in check. He said, raising his voice to a normal pitch, "I can't marry you."

"But why?" I couldn't comprehend why the person who wanted to marry me like a lunatic until yesterday was still unwilling to marry me after knowing such a big truth.

"Give me any reason I should marry you." Holding my shoulders, he asked.

"Valid reason? Is our child not a valid reason? If not, where should I look for a stronger reason?" Rachit often speaks venomous words to me when he is angry, but his words today are straining my spirit.

"So, because of this child, you want me to marry you?" When we talk about our child, he has a look on his face as if he is discussing something incredibly filthy.

"How can you possibly believe that I will marry you because of this child when I do not know who the father is?" This time, it fixed his eyes on me as if I were the dirtiest thing on the planet.

"What exactly did you say?" I couldn't believe my ears.

"Sure,If that's the case,I will repeat my words , how can I marry you if I do not know whose sin you're carrying around in your belly?" His words pierced my heart.

"How can you think of me like this?" I couldn't help myself, and it has strewn me across the floor of my cabin like a deck of cards.