His overconfidence

"Riya's point of view,"

When entering Mr. Joseph's cabin, I said, "I'll inform you after I think about this deal."

Mr. Joseph stood up and said, "Miss Riya, I'll wait for your response."

"Sir, I am confident that Madam will accept this offer.' Rachit murmured as he entered the cabin, staring at me with expectant eyes.

I'm refusing to accept this deal because of him, and how can he be so sure that I'll accept it, especially when I know he'll play a key role in it? I'm astonished that his behavior has remained unchanged over the years.

"Mr. Khurana, I am scared that we should not cancel this deal because of your attitude." I warned him.

"Not at all. This is not overconfidence, Madam, but I believe you will not allow your professional work to be harmed because of your problems." The look in his eyes told me he was hoping for my approval.

Mr. Joseph's eyes seemed to be filled with a lot of inquiries. To avoid answering any of his queries, I got up from my chair and exited the office building, making my way directly to my car in the parking lot.

"You won't believe who I'm meeting with right now." As soon as Ankur answers the phone, When I opened my mouth, I uttered these words.

Only I can tell you how surprised I was to see him right in front of me. As soon as I saw him, I was transported back to my 4-year-old self, pleading with Rachit to marry me so that I could raise my child with him.

"Allen Industries' COO, Rachit Khurana."

"Your luck seems to urge you to retaliate against him for his deeds." After hearing what I had to say, Ankur responded.

"No, Ankur, I'm just trying to avoid him. As a result, I'd like to cancel this business deal as well." In hushed tones, I replied.

"Okay, I believe we should discuss this over coffee. Right now, I'm on my way to pick you up from your hotel."

"Okay," As soon as the phone call ended, I jumped in my car and drove away.

Ankur greeted me with a warm hug and said, "Welcome back to India."

"You forgot to bring me a flower garland to greet me." I mocked him as I listened to him.

"Why do you need a garland of flowers when you're already a blooming flower in front of which the ebb and flow keep swirling?"

I gave him a dramatic punch to the shoulder and said, "Shut up."

He hasn't changed at all; he still has the same funny style and the same wide-eyed smile for all to see.

However, I can see and feel the pain that is veiled in his eyes.

"So, how was your encounter with Rachit Khurana?" Ankur inquired as he sat in an empty chair.

"Don't ask; I don't want to work with him, so I'm canceling the deal," I said irritably.

"But how can you let such an important project slip through your fingers due to him?"

"Then what should I do? I will not work with him again." With a deep breath, I responded.

He questioned, taking a sip of the coffee in front of him, "Do you still have feelings for him?"

"No,Don't you know that I can't give Harsh's place in my life to anybody else. Whether he's a Rachit or someone else."

"Then why are you so afraid to work with him?" There is a point in Ankur's argument;why do I want to run away from him after all? Why do I want to cancel this deal when I don't care about his presence?

"I'm not sure if he tried to get as close to me as before." I looked at Ankur and asked what had been bothering me.

"Do you doubt your proficiency?" His question made me wonder if I was still a slave to my desires.

"No, I don't want to keep proving myself to be a fool by making the same mistake." I responded to his question.

"Then you won't have to be concerned as much. If you accept this deal, God may want you to punish him for his mistakes with your own hands." Ankur's eyes were filled with rage for Rachit.

"But it would be inappropriate for him to affect his work because of his issues."

"I am trying to understand you as well, therefore it would be best that you sign this deal as soon as possible."

Like Harsh used to, Ankur is excellent at finding solutions to my problems.

"Thank you, Ankur," I remarked as I gave him a friendly hug.

"Anytime." He accompanied me until I reached the parking lot.

"Hey, I forgot to tell you that Rachit is divorced." I said this while unlocking my car.

"What? What is the reason for this?" I can tell by Ankur's stunned expression that it surprised him as I was when Rachit told me.

"Two years ago.

His wife used to doubt him the same way he used to doubt me." With a shrug of my shoulders, I said.

"Oh, so it has punished him for his misdeeds?" Looking at me, he inquired.

"I don't think it has enough punishment for all of his previous mistakes, and it is because of him I have lost my child." I haven't recovered from my sadness. It is hard for me to forgive him until he no longer feels the sorrow of losing someone.

Will Harsh remember me? When he passed through the roads where we used to go for long drives late at night, he would remember me as though I was missing him. Maybe he'd forgotten about me and moved on with his life. However, imagining him with someone else has made me heartache. But why do I have such a strong desire to see him today?

What else do I want from God if he survives the grief I have inflicted on him and proceeds forward in his life?

I was keeping my eyes on the road and my hands on the steering wheel when Rachit's words suddenly echoed in my head. He used to have doubts about me, so he married Shilpi. Even when I informed him of my pregnancy, he refused to marry me. I can't believe he used to think so negatively about me. I'm grateful to God for saving me from marrying Rachit.

But, after all of this, why do I feel no hatred toward him? Do I love him? I do not know how I could think like this.

Why didn't I get furious at him? He isn't important enough in my life for me to waste my energy on him.

If that's the case, why do I want to cancel this deal once more?

That's because I don't want to be in his presence, but why?

Because I'm frightened that if he attempts to approach me again like previously, I won't be able to stop him, whether I want him to.

I was so preoccupied with answering questions in my head that I hit a car approaching from the opposite direction.

"Sorry," I got out of my car and walked up to the driver's seat of the car in front of me.

"Are you blind, madam?"

Sir, Now he will become enraged at me because of your carelessness." The driver, who was dressed in a white uniform, stated as he stepped out of the car. His voice was trembling with anxiety.

I inspected the black Audi in front of me. Because I didn't drive my car cautiously, I smashed the headlights of that shining Audi. I did nothing on purpose, and I apologize for my mistake.

"I'll even pay you the damages."In a terrified tone, I said,

"Can you afford to pay for every mistake you make?" When I heard the voice of a man in the rear seat of the car, my focus switched from the shattered headlight to the car's back door.

My eyes widened in surprise as soon as they rested on the man.