AB negative

"Riya's point of view,"

"Open your eyes, please. Harsh." I Couldn't decide what to do when I saw Harsh, who was covered in blood.

What had I done? He had constantly asked me to stop, and I had ignored him. This would not have happened if I had listened to him. What if Harsh lost his life? It is not possible. At all costs, I will happen nothing to him. His heart is beating. But witnessing his blood all over the place tore at my mind.

What should I do in such a situation? I couldn't see anyone who could assist me. Harsh was hit by a car that drove away without stopping.

Harsh's wife and children will hear that I am to blame for what has happened to him. I only had one person in mind and that was Ankur.

"Please help, it is an emergency." As soon as he picked up the phone, I said,

"Riya, what happened?" After hearing my disturbed voice, he inquired.

"Highway. Harsh. Accident. Outside City." Because of my sobs, I couldn't say over one sentence.

"Riya, stop crying and tell me exactly where you are right now." He attempted to soothe me.

"Harsh is bleeding severely near the highway."

"You have to keep trying to take a lift, I will call you to the hospital along the highway." He said this as he hung up the phone.

Several times, I tried to get a ride, but any vehicle wouldn't stop.

I can't stand watching Harsh suffer like this. I need to be brave in my actions. I took a big breath and rushed out of his house with his car. We were driving along, and I got Harsh to lie in the back seat. Because of my foot injury, I was having problems driving, but it doesn't matter right now. My hands were on the steering wheel, but my entire attention was on Harsh taking who lying on the back seat of the car. I did not know how I drove or arrived at the hospital.

"Please, Ankur, do everything you can to save Harsh; if something happens to him, I will die." I said this while begging with my hands folded in front of him.

"Riya, stay with me till the doctors examine him since your ankle is bleeding."

"No, I'm not leaving till Harsh wakes up." I had my eyes closed while I waited at the door of the operating room for the doctor to come out.

"Riya, once you see your condition, don't be so insistent." Ankur was still attempting to persuade me.

"Why are you not comprehending that I told you I would go nowhere?" He was annoying me more and more by saying the same thing over and over.

Why doesn't he understand that nothing, not even myself, is more important to me right now than saving Harsh's life?

"Okay, you wait here while I bring the first-aid kit." He gave up his demand when he saw my building rage.

I encircled the doctor at the door of the operation theatre as soon as it opened.

"Will Harsh survive, Doctor?" In my mind, I was hoping to God that a miracle would happen and the doctor would say that Harsh was alright, but I was frightened of what I would do if something happened to him.

"Miss, he has a severe brain injury, so we must perform surgery right away and prepare for AB negative blood."

"Is he going to be fine, then?" With eager eyes, I stared at the doctor in front of me.

"Only after the surgery will we be able to say anything." The doctor left after saying this.

What exactly have I done? After all, if I had stayed and listened to him for a minute, none of this would have occurred. He is in this state today because of me. I peered through the door and saw Harsh. In a state of unconsciousness, he lay on the bed. All of this occurred because of my error.

"Please sign this form, madam. We must begin the procedure." I took the form from the nurse's hand when I heard her voice.

"No," I will not sign this form because it states that the patient's prospects of survival are low and that he may lose his memory during the operation.

"I will not sign. You call the doctor." Looking at the nurse, I said,

"Sign it, mam or the surgery will have to be postponed." She attempted to comprehend my words.

How can I sign this paper knowing that my chances of survival are low?

"No, I'm not signing."

"Riya, sign it. Otherwise, the situation will just get worse." Ankur attempted to comprehend my words.

"However, it states that he has a low chance of surviving."

"Yes, I know; if you obey me, Harsh will not suffer; therefore, sign." At his request, I signed with trembling hands.

"What if something were to happen to Harsh?"

"Nothing will happen to him, so don't be so pessimistic." He motioned for me to take a seat on the hospital's corridor bench.

"Have you arranged for blood?" The doctor appeared out of nowhere and inquired.

"What blood group? Doctor." Ankur stood up and inquired.

"AB negative."

When I saw the doctor, he seemed to want to say something to Ankur that he couldn't say to me.

"Riya, please wait here till I arrive." He went with that doctor after saying this.

After all, what could it be that the doctor did not tell Ankur in front of me?

After seeing Ankur approaching from the front, I asked nervously, "What did the doctor say?"

"The AB negative blood group is a highly rare blood group that is difficult to find. I checked all the closest blood banks, but this group of blood was not available. It will be difficult to save him, they does not perform surgery within two hours if we dont have the bloodarmaments."

"Please don't say that, Ankur. I'll search out this blood group, no matter what it takes." I was terrified after hearing his remarks.

"Where can you get a rare blood group in such a short period?"

If something bad happens to Harsh today, I'll be the one to blame. Now, who should I ask, and from whom should I expect help? Show me the way, Lord.

I discovered all of my contacts, but AB negative blood group was not one of them.

I can't give up so easily; after all, it's Harsh's life on the line. But who else should I ask? Only one person remains. My subconscious refused to even try me as soon as his name entered my mind. But what's the harm in trying it? However, I doubt his blood group will be AB negative. At the very least, ask him first. Even though I didn't want to, I dialed his number.

"I had a feeling you'd need me soon."As soon as he got the call, he said.

"What blood group do you belong to?" I didn't want to argue with him, and I didn't have the strength to respond to his stupidity at this point.

"AB negative: But why are you suddenly asking?" After hearing him, I couldn't believe my ears.

"Are you serious about this?" What is the point of lying, after all?

"Can you please give me four bottles of blood right now?" I asked him without giving it much thought.

"What do I get in exchange?" So, in exchange for giving his blood, he wants to make a bargain with me.

But there is nothing more valuable to me than Harsh's life.

"I'll give you everything you want and as much money as you want, but I need four bottles of blood right now."

"Okay, send me the address and I'll be there right away."

But, in a terrified tone, "what do you want in return?"

"Have patience, Riya; I'll tell you what I need from you soon, but you will not break your promise, are you?"

"No, I'm not choosing to disregard my tongue."

"So, I'll be at the above mentioned address soon." With a malicious smirk, he hung up the phone.

I do not know what he'll demand in exchange for this blood. But, whatever the cost, I will go to any extent to Harsh.